Can Anyone ID This Spider?

Raindog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
One of the fellows from work came up to me in a panic today saying that he saw a HUGE spider back in the warehouse. I followed him back to the spot, caught the beast and deposited the little one in a large pill bottle that I keep at work just for such occasions.
I brought her home tonight and put her in a small KK that was set up for arborial and vacant. She jumped on the first cricket that I introduced and seems to be taking to the new space. I'm thinking we might just keep her but I have no clue what she is. Her legspan is around two inches and well, see for yourself....

Raindog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks Kaulback,
I found it, Kukulcania hibernalis. Seems she's common here, strange that I've never seen one before.

JJJoshua

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks kinda like a mygalomorphae, not araneomorphae... fangs look like the point forward...

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
His post says 2 inches in legspan. ;)

It's really an interesting-looking critter. Nice photo!! :)

Wysi

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Kukulcania are cool and will web up the inside of of a container extensively. They are sometimes called "crevice spiders" because they will hide in a crack and make a web that kind of radiates out from there.

Wade

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nice pic i dont think that you should keep the spider too long just keep it to identify it then relise it :D :D ;) {D

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That's a gorgeous spider! I hope it has a long and happy life with you. I'm sure you'll take good care of it.

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes Kukulcania. We had them allover the place where I used to work at and I'd call them very common, too. Can be found inside pretty much any biulding with cracks and small crevices. I used to keep some just for fun, pretty neat spiders with a neat black and diamond eyes!

Later,

Jake