can anybody explain...

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
CANDLING. i know that when a female t is gravid you can wait for her to be on the glass and "candle" her or shine a flashlight on her abdomen to determine it, however Im unsure of what to look for. Ive read the underside of her turns yellow, but where is that aparent? Does anybody have tips, pics, or advice?? aside from read more lol.. ive got the jist of it down, just unsure of EXACTLY what to look for. Thanks in advance
Steve

fatich

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe this video works for you.

[YOUTUBE]Z8VTPth5W8o[/YOUTUBE]

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Steve use this guy's advice. ;)

the search function will narrow down what you are lookin for rather than getting 100 responses in a thread , and not getting exactly what you need. You may have to do some digging, but consider it as doing some research because im sure youll learn something new out of at least 80% of the threads you read

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
awesome vid fatich... EXACTLY what i was lookin for.. i was trying with a stupid mag light last night and it wasnt cutting it. ill get my hands on a good LED today so i can try again when its dark tonight

Toogledoo

Arachnoknight
That T doesn't look very hairy. Does it work for Versicolors, Rose Hairs, etc?

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i would imagine so... i will be trying tonight on a rosie ive been pairing recently

bholmes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That T doesn't look very hairy. Does it work for Versicolors, Rose Hairs, etc?
I just candled my versi last night. It seems it is dependent on the size of the abdomen and if there are actually eggs growing. I candled her three weeks or so ago and there was no glow. Now that the abdomen is twice the size it is very yellow.