Can A Tarantula Stay Alive Without Fangs?

omegian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
okay how should i handle it?
its in a web which is closed
do i destroy it?

omegian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok here is a pic of its mouth

the rest of them are just random that i took of it

can you find what species please?
its almost reaching 3inches

kc7wdg

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That little guy looks terrible wouldn't surprise me if it didnt live much longer.

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
On the first picture it seems to me that it has fangs. Can you take a better picture of the mouth area?

omegian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
how does it look terrible?
its perfectly fine to my opinion but i dont keep spiders only scorps....
hey the fleshy bit of the fangs are there but the "teeth" were cut straight off:(

sublimeskunk37

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Don't listen to that person. The tarantula does not look terrible. If possible, try getting a good shot of where the fangs were because it does look like it still has its fangs.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That little guy looks terrible wouldn't surprise me if it didnt live much longer.
What the heck are you basing this on? The T looks fat and surprisingly un-shabby, if anything. The only thing wrong with it is the broken fangs, and as people have said you can usually save a T with broken fangs if you do a little extra work.

omegian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
nice i dont really want it out its been stressed A LOT my friend almost boke its leg off! :mad: im so mad
but do you have any idea what species it is?
like i explained the 'teeth' the needle thing that injects the venom in the prey has been cut off but everything else is there perfectly

insekta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's things like this that make me detest humans.m :mad:

I would, personally, try everything everyone above has noted. I wouldn't feed it off unless you're sure it's not going to make it. Even then it's cruel, but so is life. I guess some good should come of its demise.

omegian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah im trying to feed it freshly molted crix that has been cut open for it but to no avail..
can you tell if its a burrowing species or a climbing one?
here are some more crappy pics......ive noticed that its gone duller!

thanks PLEASE TELL ME THE SPECIES I NEED TO KNOW THE CORRECT TEMPS AND CRAP!!!!! THANKS AGAIN~!!!!:}

kc7wdg

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What the heck are you basing this on? The T looks fat and surprisingly un-shabby, if anything. The only thing wrong with it is the broken fangs, and as people have said you can usually save a T with broken fangs if you do a little extra work.
Just doesn't look good to me is all. But I could be wrong and I am not saying I am right. It was my opinion.

omegian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ive done some searching and it looks like a Chilobrachys Burmensis
can anyone confirm or give me another species which it looks like or is..
and please send me the caresheet for it! thanks

sublimeskunk37

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just doesn't look good to me is all. But I could be wrong and I am not saying I am right. It was my opinion.
It doesn't "Look good to you"? Look I'm going to give you a piece of advice since I just woke up and this is the time when I'm most honest. You really have to watch what you say when it comes to the life of a tarantula on here. When you say things like "I wouldn't be surprised if it dies soon." with no proof, you possess the potential to make the person panic. If you look at this tarantula, it is in surprisingly great health considering it doesn't have fangs. The cephalothorax is still rump which leads me to believe there is a 90% chance this tarantula will live. So once again before you tell someone on this forum their tarantula is going to die, REALLY THINK about what you're saying before you type it.

Omegian, a 10X10X12 inch container with about 6 inches of coconut husks and peat moss for substrate (50/50 mix) would be ideal for this tarantula.
Supply a water dish or mist the sides of the container occasionally.
Nice species , will take flight rather than fight but when cornered can become very defensive, a hands off species so don't try to handle it too much or you'll really stress it out.

omegian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks for the advice! its in a 8x7x5 inch tank length then height then width
its quite small right now so ill keep it there untill it gets atleast over 4 inches
i dont have any soil right now so theres only an inch of soil there. but i do have some moss that i could fill the reast 5 inches?
how big do they get and how should i feed it?
thanks

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know atleast few guys here in Finland who've managed to keep their Ts alive when they lost their fangs because of a molt.

The thing they did, is as simple as liquid food. Cricket milk shake!

Edit: Another one was a sub-adult P. cancerides, so he didn't exaclty molt very soon.

Last edited: