Can a tarantula get used to being handled?

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Well I'm holding my pink toe at this moment, he's a baby one and is very chill . Although he's a little skiddish, he loves to be held he sometimes lays on my sleeve for hours just chilling and not moving. He's getting more use to my hand . Just be careful because lucky me , mine isn't jumpy as much as people say theirs is . He can be a little jumpy but mostly is just a really great friend to have around.
He doesn't 'love' being held. He's hanging on so he doesn't fall off, with some moving like a human does, it puts more stress on them if anything. A tree, pole, etc. would be much much better seeing as it's static and non-moving.

Taylorthepinktoe

Arachnopeon
He doesn't 'love' being held. He's hanging on so he doesn't fall off, with some moving like a human does, it puts more stress on them if anything. A tree, pole, etc. would be much much better seeing as it's static and non-moving.
True but he also just chills on my sleeve for the longest time & when I try and put him back he doesn't want to get off

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
True but he also just chills on my sleeve for the longest time & when I try and put him back he doesn't want to get off
That's what tarantulas do though, you're describing normal behavior for them. Think about it, if someone was trying to force you off something, you'd try to resist right? That's the same reason why he doesn't want to get off.