Can a Mexican Redknee survive on 30 degrees or higher tenp?

jongjong seloterio

Arachnopeon
Please help me i’m getting a Mexican Redknee soon i want to know if it can survive in 30 degrees or higher cuz our room gets hot at noon and gets back to 20+ degrees after 4:00

starnaito

Arachnosquire
If this is 30 degrees Celsius, yes, the tarantula will be fine. If it gets a little warmer than that for a short period, it should be okay, but you don't want prolonged periods of high heat.

jongjong seloterio

Arachnopeon
If this is 30 degrees Celsius, yes, the tarantula will be fine. If it gets a little warmer than that for a short period, it should be okay, but you don't want prolonged periods of high heat.
thanks alot i thought it would survive oh well guess ill bring it downstairs after i wake up for school

Campi95

Arachnosquire
hey can you tarantula gurus help me can a chaco survive at 30 degrees or higher (32 degrees) ty
Depends for how long. A day? Sure. Months? Harder to tell. I’ll let more experienced keepers answer this one but my two cents would be to keep a lot of water available, and give it soft substrate with a burrow in case it wants to escape the heat.

jongjong seloterio

Arachnopeon
Depends for how long. A day? Sure. Months? Harder to tell. I’ll let more experienced keepers answer this one but my two cents would be to keep a lot of water available, and give it soft substrate with a burrow in case it wants to escape the heat.
not really a whole day just 9:00 am to 4:30 pm

Campi95

Arachnosquire
27-26 degrees
Hmm. It’s warm but not quite as alarming. I’m gonna tap out here since I have no experience with keeping Chacos anywhere near those temps. One of the more experienced breeders can help, I believe they use higher temps for reading slings.

jongjong seloterio

Arachnopeon
Hmm. It’s warm but not quite as alarming. I’m gonna tap out here since I have no experience with keeping Chacos anywhere near those temps. One of the more experienced breeders can help, I believe they use higher temps for reading slings.
thank you for help

starnaito

Arachnosquire
Like all tarantulas, I would say they should be fine with temps in the mid 80s (F) and slightly higher for short periods. Make sure to keep the enclosure away from sunlight. I never let my tarantula room get above 85 (F), and most of my Ts are native to South American regions. Remember that the inside of the enclosure is likely going to be warmer than the outside.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
It was particularly hot last month around here, and the temps were frequently around 86 F (30 C) in my room. All my tarantulas survived it, but they seemed a bit more restless than usual. Having enough substrate for them to burrow, making sure they have a constantly full water dish, and maybe even adding a bit more water to the substrate in a corner would be good precautions if you have to keep your Ts in those conditions for extended periods of time.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My apartment gets to 100 degrees (38 Celsius) quite often during the summer, since I don’t have air conditioning. My tarantulas all seem to do fine, including my B. hamorii and G. pulchripes. 30 degrees Celsius is nothing to worry about, as long as they have water.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
My apartment gets to 100 degrees (38 Celsius) quite often during the summer, since I don’t have air conditioning. My tarantulas all seem to do fine, including my B. hamorii and G. pulchripes. 30 degrees Celsius is nothing to worry about, as long as they have water.
Why don’t u have an air conditioner?!?!