1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camera for my Ts

Discussion in 'Through the Lens' started by LordWaffle, Nov 28, 2013.

1. LordWaffle

LordWaffle Arachnobaron

Advertisement
    I want to preface this entire post with this: I am not a photographer, and I have no belief that I ever will be.

Looking through the pictures many of the users here have posted of their specimens makes me want to pick up a camera other than my Smart Phone so I can document the growth and care of a couple of my Ts as well as getting some nice pictures to upload once I have something worth sharing. Anyway, what kinds of cameras are people here using?

2. Kodi

Kodi Title Master

A smart phone camera with a macro lens does wonders. You can get a universal smart phone macro lens for like $5 on ebay. Easy to use and it takes great pictures.

• Like Like x 2
  3. LordWaffle

LordWaffle Arachnobaron

Thanks! Ill check that out.

4. I also know next to nothing about photography. I appreciate the insight, Kodi!

• Like Like x 1
  5. I use either my Canon 40D or rebel with a wideangle lens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

6. Kodi

Kodi Title Master

Same here. That's why I bought one. You have to get pretty close to the T though so I wouldn't recommend taking any photos of an OBT or pokie with it. (;

7. delo

delo Arachnopeon

I personally use a Nikon D300 however it's not so much the camera, the lens is the important part. Get any camera you want that can attach a macro/micro lens. For some simple but advanced techniques if you're planing on shooting at night when the T's are mobile you should get a tripod and play with the following settings ISO set to 800, shutter speed (S) set to 8-15 and F-stop as low as you can go F2-F3.5 that's for without flash. Important part is to have fun and enjoy the pictures. The setting i gave you is just a start point to play around with, it all depends on the lens and camera you have.

On a side note if you look at the gallery on the right side column there's camera information on what they took the picture with and what settings....just a thought for some more information.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  8. ShredderEmp

ShredderEmp Arachnoprince

I just use the camera on my phone. As long as I don't zoom in and have a steady hand, it takes good enough pictures. Sometimes it looks better with flash, and sometimes without.