Came home to this just now....

Strix

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

Sorry about the bad quality pics, I don't want to disturb it.

I can't wait :D That is two that I had molt this week, one of my obt's and now my T. blondi.

I also got a giant african centipede and an emperor scorpion this week to from Ken The Bug Guy.

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey, Im sure you will see a drastic change in color in your blondi. Post pics when he/she is done. Also, make sure to keep it a little more damp, they come from a very humid environment. Nice T!

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's awesome! Save that molt! If it's dry when you get to it, just keep it intact and I'll get it set up nice for you.

Grats!

Strix

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lmao. Giant T :p

Rydog, I do mist the tank twice a day, once when i wake up and once after getting home from work. I also noticed the color change and it looks a lot more beautiful now (with more urticating hairs) since it chucked a lot of them off before I got it.

My A. henzti is about to molt soon to :D

A few more images, can anyone sex it from these? I'm thinking a female, but I'm still green in this department.

Also... size comparison (with the molt and my hand)...

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
From what those pictures show, it looks like a male to me.

Nice size tarantula.

Strix

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If it does turn out to be a male I'll have to find someone to breed him so his legacy can live on. Not exactly sure how to tell if they reach their mature molt since I believe these don't get tibial spurs.

Im sure the sexing would be much easier to do while in person though, I'll bring him into work on monday.