Camaroon huntsman egg sack, what's next

obie

Arachnosquire
Hey guys my buddy purchased a Camaroon huntsman a few months ago and it made a egg sack a couple days ago. I have no idea what to do next. Do I treat them like a tarantula and take the sack after so long. Or just leave it with the mom and the separate after they molt a couple times. Any help is appreciated

Attachments

NYAN

Arachnoking
Either option would work, it just depends what they want. A bit of advice though; I’ve had egg sacs mold when kept in the enclosure. Sometimes it is best to pull it.

obie

Arachnosquire
Either option would work, it just depends what they want. A bit of advice though; I’ve had egg sacs mold when kept in the enclosure. Sometimes it is best to pull it.
How long should we wait to pull it. Or just incubate now.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Going by observing Venatoria, I strongly suggest leaving the sack and her alone. The mom's habits and physiology has changed significantly during this time, commonly mom will stop eating and not start again until a day or two after the kids have appeared. So disrupting her bio-clock and cycles may cause problems. As for the kids, they will wander off on their own within minutes of hatching.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Mom will get pretty pissy too if you try to take it. Once it hatches (if you leave it with her), be ready to separate her out quickly since you don't want her getting in the way as you try to capture the mini racecars zooming about the enclosure.

NYAN

Arachnoking
While mom may not appreciate it, it sometimes is best in the long run for the sac to just take it from her. As I said, there’s a chance it’ll mold. She also may eat it for a variety of reasons.

I believe you can pull it at like 20 days. If they aren’t EWLs it would be weird.