California Kingsnake too hot

Redbarren

Arachnopeon
okay so I have a 5 year old California King snake, I've managed to get him allowed in my dorm, the problem is that he's supposed to stay in the room. the room is not air conditioned and gets to 90-95 degrees during the day. my plane is to put flat rocks in the freezer of my mini fridge, bury them in the substrate, and rotate them out through out the day. does anyone think this is a bad idea or have a better idea?

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Instead of using rocks, why not use ice packs? My only concern is that they would get too wet (from condensation), but in many ways they're much better than rocks because water has a high heat capacity.

keks

Arachnobaron
After I read that for example M. mesomelas needs cooler temperatures, I considered if it is possible to convert a bottle cooler into a spider-cabinet by changing the thermostat? :wacky:
(Would have the second effect, that I could keep orchids of the cooler ranges too :rolleyes:.

ScutigeraJine

Arachnopeon
a second dish with cold water, a spray bottle witch cold water(kept in the fridge), leave the window open, or get a small desk fan and aim it towards the tank

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
bottle of frozen water above the tank provides a natural A/C . It will drip down some condensation water but it shouldn't be a problem if you put his water bowl right under there.

*Edit: a word