Calcium hELP

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
So recently, i realized that my Calcium Supplyment for my bearded dragon doesnt include D3, but only calcium and phosphorum (or something like that). I did read that phosphorum needs to be supplied on lizards because it helps in the growth of bones, eyes and teeth. Now my question is, Is it still fine to use this or should i try getting a new one with D3? It does contain instructions for lizards (how much i should give, every when i should give) . Also i got a reptisun 5.0 UV light.
(excuse my bad english i just woke up and havent taken breakfast yet.)

basin79

ArachnoGod
I'd just buy a calcium plus vit D powder ready mixed. Saves any messing.

I'm absolutely clueless on the power of UV a Bearded dragon needs though.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Lizards do need phosphorous, but in an ideal world calcium powder would lack it, because food should have a calcium/phosphorous ratio of 1/1-2/1, and insects usually have something closer to .15/1, which is the deficit you're trying to solve. However, usually when these powders have phosphorous, the calcium/phosphorous ratio is something like 26/1, which is so high that the presence of phosphorous is not a huge concern. You should check what it is on the container.
There is no reason to buy calcium powder with phosphorous--it's an abundant element that is easily picked up from all food sources.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
You need both, mostly using the one without d3 and then occasionally supplementing one with d3 or vitamins with d3. Usually most people supplement the ones with d3 anywhere from once a week to once a month depending on the type of lizard. I don't personally know the specifics for beardies.

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
Well i there's 19% something phosphoroum and i think the rest is calcium so yeah. Also i had my beardie for 7 months now and he seems fine, he loves runnin away when i pet him on the back -_-, so i will just get over that vitamin thingy.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Well i there's 19% something phosphoroum and i think the rest is calcium so yeah. Also i had my beardie for 7 months now and he seems fine, he loves runnin away when i pet him on the back -_-, so i will just get over that vitamin thingy.
Hmmm, 4/1 calcium/phosphorous ratio seems a bit low to me. Maybe you should get a different powder.

truecreature

Arachnoknight
You'll need both a calcium+D3 supplement and a multivitamin supplement. How often you dust the food varies by age; babies to juveniles you want to dust cal+d3 every feeding and a multivitamin twice a week, older dragons should have cal+3 a few times a week and multivitamin once a week.

Also, what you need is the Repitsun 10.0 fluorescent tube light, long enough that it can stretch across the entire cage.

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
Hey guys, i just wanted to say thank you for the replies, The powder DID have D3 in it :p XD guess i need to take breakfast next time before i read something.