C versicolor stuck in molt

ediblepain

Arachnosquire
I have 3 very small C versicolor slings. One of them flipped to molt the other day, but it was on its side.. not it's back. It's been 30ish hours since I first noticed it molting, and a few of its legs are still stuck. It's abdomen, fangs, and such as all free. So far I have not done anything to assist this sling. Will it self amputate it's legs soon? Is there anything I should do at this point? The spider room is quiet, dark and warm. The enclosure is a tall delicup, with dry sub, a water dish, flat slabs of bark standing vertical, and lots of cross ventilation.

Cassiusstein

Arachnosquire
Is the versi mobile now? After 30 hours a sling should be done molting and be moving around, even with some parts stuck in molt.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have 3 very small C versicolor slings. One of them flipped to molt the other day, but it was on its side.. not it's back. It's been 30ish hours since I first noticed it molting, and a few of its legs are still stuck. It's abdomen, fangs, and such as all free. So far I have not done anything to assist this sling. Will it self amputate it's legs soon? Is there anything I should do at this point? The spider room is quiet, dark and warm. The enclosure is a tall delicup, with dry sub, a water dish, flat slabs of bark standing vertical, and lots of cross ventilation.
I've never had light influence molting, so if you need to turn on lights, do so.

Slings molt very quickly, is your sling alive? I never rule out nature, but I suspect it may end up dying. Some just aren't going to make it.

There's nothing you can do. If its alive, let it do its thing. I've seen stranger things happen.

ediblepain

Arachnosquire
It's alive. It seems like it has 4 or 5 feet stuck. Not entire legs, just feet.

Cassiusstein

Arachnosquire
It's alive. It seems like it has 4 or 5 feet stuck. Not entire legs, just feet.
So it is moving, however, it has a molt dragging behind? It may amputate the sections it needs to, you could attempt to just hold the molt and let the sling pull away. I've kept a P met sling with two legs and no pedipals alive, so worrying should be the last thing you do.

ediblepain

Arachnosquire
So it is moving, however, it has a molt dragging behind? It may amputate the sections it needs to, you could attempt to just hold the molt and let the sling pull away. I've kept a P met sling with two legs and no pedipals alive, so worrying should be the last thing you do.
It's moving, but not mobile. I take wayyyy too much xanax to be able to worry lol. My game plan is to leave it alone. I don't want to hold the molt as a way to help it get free since it's still soft. If anything... I'd cut off the feet with tiny surgical scissors

Charlie69

Arachnosquire
"If anything... I'd cut off the feet with tiny surgical scissors[/QUOTE]" I hope that I missunderstod?
Uhh, dont cut of the feets. If you want to do something, then cut of the molt close to the feet.

awiec

Arachnoprince
You may not have to cut anything. Take a small soft paintbrush, wet it, and gently brush at the area where the molt is stuck; it will either come off or the spider will be encouraged to amputate itself. If it's mostly out then it probably is in good enough health to lose a few limbs and grow them back next cycle.

ediblepain

Arachnosquire
I don't like interfering with my Ts. But, it was time to step in and assist. On closer inspection I saw that part of the abdomen was indeed stuck. I got a paint brush wet, and tried dabbing the edge of the molt. I cut off as much of the molt as possible. It's pretty stressed.

ediblepain

Arachnosquire
"If anything... I'd cut off the feet with tiny surgical scissors
" I hope that I missunderstod?
Uhh, dont cut of the feets. If you want to do something, then cut of the molt close to the feet.[/QUOTE]
I'd cut *the molt* off the feet. Lol. Wow.