C. versicolor stuck in molt

BC1579

Arachnobaron
If I had an OBT or similar T that made it a little dicey to open the enclosure, I'd do it in a heartbeat. You could easily scale it down to still drop prey but keep the T from being able to squeeze through.

I made a bunch of these a while back. My allergies are no joke and in south Louisiana something is always in bloom. It helps me keep Benadryl handy, clean and dry. I just cut the tops off of some 20 oz. bottles, sanded them down smooth and glued the flanges together. I even weighed one down and kept it in a glass of water overnight and the inside was bone dry in the morning.

IMG_6850.JPG IMG_6851.JPG

Oooooooh, or a millipede. I know Scolopendra are prone to climbing tongs and being really squirrelly. Though one might be able to make it through the 20 oz. opening, if you had it on top of the container you could drop in prey without fear of a bolt.

Magenta

Arachnosquire
I haven't seen her move for quite a while now, I'm pretty sure she died. :'(

Regarding the Gatorade bottlecap thing, I wish I could take credit for it. I got the idea from @Trenor

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Sorry to hear she didn't make it. It's always rough when that happens. Your setup looks good so it doesn't look like you could have done anything differently to change things.

Regarding the Gatorade bottlecap thing, I wish I could take credit for it. I got the idea from @Trenor
It's not my original idea either. I can't remember where I saw it at though. I drill water holes too so if I'm called out of town my sister can water my Ts without having to open the enclosure. I make them big enough for the water dropper but not the T. :)