C. Versicolor sling randomly dead

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Couldn’t tell without an emoticon, etc.
I’ll do that next time, probably best to forget sads .
I’ve never seen a sudden death of avic , and a bad molt doesn’t count .
A diversipes did so well and at 2.5 “ it would not eat anything. I didn’t know how to check molts , maybe didn’t molt stomach correctly. I tried every type of food , wish ida kept it less dry it had a water dish. But if it was unable to eat for some reason would higher humidity have saved it? R.I.P.
my a sp. petstore supposedly a avic who really knows I gotta get a pic.
Has done fine for 5 years or so .

It could be a long time til I get more avics , parents probably won’t allow more Ts . So Id have to buy a reptile show and find a way to sneak em in. Not worth it and my car needs fixed badly.

I’ve seen people on YouTube who have too high volume of Ts then they can handle. Sometimes less is better .

I wana keep learning more until I get additions I’m happy with 53 or so Ts more like 40 after males.
Maybe I should try looking locally for breeding I’m scared to ship my males of species and low on money.

Last edited:

Chris Bastien

Arachnopeon
The amount of ventilation you have isn’t going to compensate for the level of substrate dampness, you also don’t need that much substrate for a versi, even as slings they like to make tunnel webs in high places. They may tunnel into the substrate sometimes but not to that depth

If you try with another one then use about a third that amount of substrate and have a water bowl at the bottom, when you fill it up let it over flow to dampen the substrate. Make sure the substrate is just damp and not actually fully wet. Add a couple of sticks or cork bark for webbing from and you’re golden =)

You can always add more ventilation, can never have too much. But keep the holes the size you have, versi slings can be quite the escape artists

Sorry for your loss =(
Ok I've decided to give it another try and this is the enclosure I've made. I'll add a little water dish when I get a new sling, let me know what you think.

Attachments

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Ok I've decided to give it another try and this is the enclosure I've made. I'll add a little water dish when I get a new sling, let me know what you think.
That looks great. Now: don't forget a bottle cap with water!

And I'd put at least 8 more of those leaves. Ts love it crowded, and an Avic will love the way the leaves allow them to web up.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nicely done! Everything I said checks out, only thing left is what crone said which is to add a water bowl, a bottle cap will do nicely =) You can over flow it so a little water goes into the substrate.

I agree with some more leaves too, you can do without them but having some more will be even better. Great work over all!