C. versicolor premolt?

MissHarlen

Arachnosquire
My 1" versicolor sling hasn't eaten in 3 weeks. It's abdomen isn't dark like I'm used to seeing with premolt, so I don't really know what's going on.

I have 2 of these slings and they both molted in June, 1 day apart. My other sling just molted a week ago, so I expected this one to as well.

I guess it's just a waiting game.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
My 1" versicolor sling hasn't eaten in 3 weeks. It's abdomen isn't dark like I'm used to seeing with premolt, so I don't really know what's going on.

I have 2 of these slings and they both molted in June, 1 day apart. My other sling just molted a week ago, so I expected this one to as well.

I guess it's just a waiting game.
Not sure I cant "C" your versicolor....LOL sorry couldn't resist. Typically in an Avicularia/Caribeana sling it wont appear darker but will get big and shinny compared to fluffy when freshly molted

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Not sure I cant "C" your versicolor....LOL sorry couldn't resist. Typically in an Avicularia/Caribeana sling it wont appear darker but will get big and shinny compared to fluffy when freshly molted
Ouch.. you should try.. :/

What's the question? We can't say anything without pics.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Just as an example, my C. versicolor took 48 days after reaching the 1" mark to molt again. Each tarantula is different, however, so that's just my own personal experience. Mine also only went a week without eating prior to molting, so that's another part that's different.

If the housing conditions are acceptable and it isn't being overfed, then I would more than likely go with premolt. Other indications of premolt would be that it might seal off all the entrances to it's web den, have a plump abdomen, and seem lethargic.

However, as others have stated, it's difficult to give advice without having a picture reference to go by. If we can't see the tarantula or the enclosure, we can't see if it does indeed appear to be premolt, or determine if there's some environmental factor to it's behavior. Pictures are always a good thing to include any time you're making a post.