C. versicolor molt and intro

bulbophyllum

Arachnosquire
Hello,

I am new to the hobby. I ordered 2 C. versicolor 1/2" slings 2 weeks ago. They both went off feeding after about a week. When I got home this evening I found a molt in one of the enclosures and a fresh little blue sling . I know its no big deal to most of you but, I am excited. Being new there is always doubt. "Maybe it's nor premolt. Maybe your husbandry is off and your gonna kill them"

These are my first slings. But, in the 80's when I was like 13 I saved up $40 and bought an adult female B. smithi from a pet shop in a shopping mall. WC I assume. She did not eat for 3 months. I tried switching up feeders. Store bought crickets, moths, grasshoppers.... nothing would get her to feed. Then one day she flipped on her back and "died." When I got home from school that day my Mom informed my that the tarantula had molted. She turned out to be a great intro to tarantulas. She was not a hider, very docile, fairly active, and a good feeder. I kept her for about 12 years before she died. After I had her a year or so I got an adult female Grammostola rosea from the same pet shop. She liked to hide and was kinda skittish but, a very aggressive feeder. Being young and dumb I gave her an almost fully grown live mouse one day. She took it down no problem and dragged it into her hide. It was interesting watching her in the entrance of her hide eating that mouse for a like an entire 24 hours. She only lived for about 5 or 6 years in my care before she died.

There was not a lot of info about keeping T's at that time. But, I had a couple of descent books. Now as the hobby has advanced I'm thinking about a couple of nice arboreal vivariums. I want them to look really nice. So, as the slings grow I'm going to watch their behavior. I would like to make them comfortable but, keep the webbing in general contained so I can also have a nicely planted tanks.