C. versicolor falling?

Justin H

Arachnosquire
I noticed my C. versicolor fall 3 times this morning while exploring its enclosure. What's the deal? Is this premolt clumsiness? She doesn't seem interested in eating, either. I don't have a picture from this morning, but here's a few days ago.

Last edited:

docwade87

Arachnoknight
Resubmit the pic please. Not showing.

There can be numerous reasons why. Would like to see enclosure first before responding with a potential answer.

Justin H

Arachnosquire
Resubmit the pic please. Not showing.

There can be numerous reasons why. Would like to see enclosure first before responding with a potential answer.
A few days ago:
20190407_161947.jpg

The whole thing:

you can't see, but there are holes on both sides and the lid.

docwade87

Arachnoknight
Looks good. I’ve had mine “slip while walking before and a fall once.

I guess premolt could be a possibility. I wouldn’t change anything with your setup.

You have plenty for them to catch into if they fall. Hopefully it will start to spin some more web to help prevent anymore falls. Mine seem to take a while out of all my arboreal Ts to start webbing and making tubes and such.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Is this premolt clumsiness? She doesn't seem interested in eating, either.
Probably pre-moult, the pads on their feet wear out and they have to rely more and more on their tarsal claws for grip which is fine for climbing rough surfaces but not so good for glass/plastic.

Justin H

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the help; I'm fairly certain she's in premolt. She's built a cool sphere-shaped web and spends most of her time in there now.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
Mine was slipping and falling about a year ago. It ended up just fine. If I remember right, it molted shortly after I notice it.

Justin H

Arachnosquire
Probably just watering the webbing and top of the cork bark would be my
guess....OP??.
Ah, I didn't understand the question. There's a bottle cap full of water behind the cork bark. I've seen her drink from it before.

Justin H

Arachnosquire
Welp, she molted last night. I really wasn't expecting it as she was freshly molted when I picked her up about a month ago. She must have been in premolt for a week and a half at the most.