C. versicolor enclosure question

Kitara

Arachnodemon
I am no longer an expo virgin! We got a ghost mantis and a C. versicolor. So, if course I have to post the obligatory enclosure question. Now, I know it needs more clutter at the top and I've got it ready.

My question is, should I remove the cork bark and put it more flat against the wall?

20190921_154957.jpg 20190921_154928.jpg

cold blood

Staff member
Its fine, just surround it with a few plants and add a water dish and it will be great.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I love the lid being in the bottom :). I used to keep my widows like that, makes maintenance so much easier

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You may have an escape problem, can't say for sure, check carapace size against the holes!

versi are aggressive eaters, but even I would raise that size up in a smaller container- it may work for you, IDK.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
You may have an escape problem, can't say for sure, check carapace size against the holes!
I think they look bugger in the picture. She has stood over the holes often and her carapace is definitely bigger than the holes.
versi are aggressive eaters, but even I would raise that size up in a smaller container- it may work for you, IDK.
Yeah I was kinda on the fence about that too. I even asked the vendor because I felt like it was too big. I do have a backup smaller container so I'm still debating moving her.

TwiztedNinja

Arachnobaron
Mine looks about the same size as yours. I have her in the shorter version of that same container with 3 small pieces of cork and a small little plant up top

Twantula1215

Arachnopeon
Looks good.
The plants you added really offer plenty of anchor points and tie the look together.