C versi not even attempting to make a new home now.

Jayk

Arachnopeon
Hey,

I made a thread a few weeks ago about my Versi making it's web on the enclosure door.

I was advised to just keep opening the door and it will just get the message eventually.

It has stopped making its web on the door, however now it just sits on its corkbark.

is this normal? still feeds and everything, just seemed unusual.

Attachments

starnaito

Arachnosquire
You can try putting more plants/anchor points in there, especially where you prefer it to make a web. But don't worry if it doesn't web up things right away.

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
Spiders do spider things. If it isn’t a death curl then you’re probably overthinking it (good advice 99% of the time)

Jayk

Arachnopeon
You can try putting more plants/anchor points in there, especially where you prefer it to make a web. But don't worry if it doesn't web up things right away.
I can't really add anymore clutter. There's not enough room in the enclosure to accommodate it and still have access for maintenance/feeding. also cant really put it in anything bigger due to the size of the sling

Spiders do spider things. If it isn’t a death curl then you’re probably overthinking it (good advice 99% of the time)
That's what I thought so I held off on making this post for a week or so.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
It's pouting because you destroyed its favourite spot of course!
Jk. It's probably just reorienting itself. As long as its plump and feeding normally, I wouldn't worry ;)

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I can't really add anymore clutter. There's not enough room in the enclosure to accommodate it and still have access for maintenance/feeding.
There is plenty of room in that enclosure for more clutter, like on the far side/top of rhe corn bark away from the water dish.

But I agree that the T is just reorienting. Having its webbing destroyed can sometimes be like being rehoused entirely, and it can take them awhile to start building again.

Jayk

Arachnopeon
It's pouting because you destroyed its favourite spot of course!
Jk. It's probably just reorienting itself. As long as its plump and feeding normally, I wouldn't worry ;)
There is plenty of room in that enclosure for more clutter, like on the far side/top of rhe corn bark away from the water dish.

But I agree that the T is just reorienting. Having its webbing destroyed can sometimes be like being rehoused entirely, and it can take them awhile to start building again.

I got home last night and it made its web on the door again whilst I was at work xD

Jayk

Arachnopeon
I guess he was rather P***** off with me, was giving it another cricket last night and he just leaped onto my hand from his cork bark and tried to make a run for it. spent about 20 minutes fighting with it to get it back in the enclosure, it would go into the tub on the right side, then run along the wall behind the plant, over the water dish and back out of the other side in no time.