C. huahini can't spin web

Shamrock

Arachnolover
Good day

About two weeks ago my iguana managed to get way up on one of my wall mounted shelfs in my room. He got out of his room during maintenance.

He knocked down one of my C. huahini's enclosures, which was made of glass. I looked for her all day and eventually found her later that night with a red light. She has a small cut between her spinnerets that i treated with cornstarch. It looks better now, but she can not spin web. The two spinnerets seems immobile. They point in weird directions. She does eat although she cant wrap her food up.

Is there any extra maintance anyone could suggest? Has anyone had similar experience? Does such abdomen injuries repair after a molt like a leg does? As they are heavy webbers i can not imagine she is happy. She did receive a sterile environment after the fall because of the injury. Ow and shes stil a juvie.

Thanx.
(Im trying to get photo but she does not like me taking pictures of her but)
Excuse my english, im afrikaans.

grumpycow3

Arachnosquire
my G. porteri's old glass enclosure fell down and she was alright but thats my only experience with this stuff.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Best thing you can do is try to fatten her up and trigger a molt. You can offer pre killed prey regularly and hopefully she should take to it.

Abdomen injuries are often fatal so consider yourself lucky she's still alive.
Keep that iguana on lockdown, and good luck with her.

Shamrock

Arachnolover
Thanx, the iguana got an outside enclosure now. Wil only stay in his room during the winter.

Can an abdomen injury cause problems during her molt?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Thanx, the iguana got an outside enclosure now. Wil only stay in his room during the winter.

Can an abdomen injury cause problems during her molt?
It certainly can, depends mostly on how much cornstarch is stuck to it. Is there a large blob or just enough to seal the wound?

Shamrock

Arachnolover
It certainly can, depends mostly on how much cornstarch is stuck to it. Is there a large blob or just enough to seal the wound?
It does not seem any cornstarch is left. Just a clean healed wound. She was not bleeding when I found her so i used very little. If there were a blob would that indicate the damage was worse?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
It does not seem any cornstarch is left. Just a clean healed wound. She was not bleeding when I found her so i used very little. If there were a blob would that indicate the damage was worse?
Not necessarily, but it would be more likely to cause complications in her upcoming molt. If you dont see much, that's a good sign.