C. gracilis

kin-inam

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Greeting!

I got some C.gracilis ( Cuban line) and I am thinking of getting more. But all I can find is the US line. What I seem to notice is that they are a bit smaller than those from Cuba.

The question is can I keep them in the same tank with the ones from Cuba?

Thanks.

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Greeting!

I got some C.gracilis ( Cuban line) and I am thinking of getting more. But all I can find is the US line. What I seem to notice is that they are a bit smaller than those from Cuba.

The question is can I keep them in the same tank with the ones from Cuba?

Thanks.
you could but why would you want to do that? As much as possible don't mix them with specimen from another place. Keep them pure. But those are your scorps so you do what you want to do with them.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah I agree.
I would keep them separate in order to keep your gene pool pure.

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i agree too.

if you are after the Cuban variety, you could ask fellow Filipino hobbyists. the first shipments of C. gracilis to arrive in our country were the Cuban strain.

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
and tarsier refused to buy it from me coz its deadly...

hmm... yeah its deadly... and weird coz i dont know where mine came from... until you ask my dealer... and i do second that cubasn are deadly...

remember demo tanks are from cuba... lolx red alert 2

{D

donaldovic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi,
i do also have both forms. rigt said, i got three forms. the one from florida, honduras and the cuba. i agree, that the cuba is the absolut largest form! and, the black color is really nice!
as the others said, you should keep each form seperate! they bring lots of babies! only this summer i got much more than 300!!
good luck with yours
karsten

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
and tarsier refused to buy it from me coz its deadly...

hmm... yeah its deadly... and weird coz i dont know where mine came from... until you ask my dealer... and i do second that cubasn are deadly...

remember demo tanks are from cuba... lolx red alert 2

{D
heehee... i remember. although i have started collecting a few hot scorps and have a Cuban C. gracilis male I4 now. ;)