C. gracilis communal tank suprise

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I looked into my C. Gracilis tank (which is overlooked sometimes with my other breeding projects going on) and was suprrised to see that one of my three gravid females has finaly given a brood:eek: I would seperate her, but she is in a large tank and I don't want her to eat the scorplings, Not to mention I have two other gravid females and I don't want to be over run with C. Gracilis. I was thinking of leaving her in the tank with the others and see how it works (there shouldn't be much cannabalism since they are will feed and there is always a couple of crickets in the tank with them)

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sweet dude!I really love this species.I'm not sire why I haven't bought a trio yet:? I guess it's because I'm more of a bulkier desert scorpion keeper,and these are skinny moister species.They sure are good looking though!

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just pick up the bark shes on and be gentle. they're suprisingly good with 1st instars (the whole genus) if they were decently fed and hydrated during gestation. Just watch if any fall off. That's your biggest worry.

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I decided to keep the gravid female in the communal tank, while the boards were down another female had a brood and I decided to leave her in the tank as well, both broods did fine and all scorpings have molted to 2nd instars fine with no cannibalism (I was suprised). However now I'm being over run with C. Gracilis, I have somewhere around 60 of them (2nd instars to mature adults) in a communal tank. does anyone want some C. gracilis???

the toe cutter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Once they start there is no stopping them! I have a communal setup with 4 females and 1 male and it seems that they all have broods around the same time and it does get a little overwhelming! But with the setup they are in the babies have plenty of hiding spaces and the adults do not seem to bother them really. I just go in there every few days and pull out the babies I can get. I have some that have grown to near adult size in the same enclosure with the other adults.

StreetTrash

Arachnoknight
I'm sure you'll be able to find some people willing to snag some of those from you. Especially since you've got the awesome purple ones going...

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would love to grab some of these lil guys from you!
no problem, I have a ton (litteraly) just send me a pm and I'll start puling some out. Another female in the tank is very gravid so I'm sure I'll be having another brood very soon

khil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow I gotta get me some of the centruroides. They pop like popcorn, haha. congrats!

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
One thing I have found out from keeping them communaly, is that under the right conditions (and provided you have males and females) you will end up with a breeding machine. Another female has had a brood, they just seem to be mating and having broods like crazy in there. If any one is interested in some C. Gracilis feel free to pm me. I will be putting a add in the for sale section once the first brood reaches 3rd instar. I'll try to put up pics of them soon.

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So I tried to tak a pic of some of the 2nd instar scorplings, but they are very fast and don't stay still for long which makes taking pics of them a little hard, the best pics I could get were these