C. fimbriatus not moving

arachnid.abdomen

Arachnopeon
Checked on my c fimbriatus sling after rehousing a few days ago and it doesn't seem to be responding to anything. Doesn't look like a death curl to me but im not sure what else could be wrong. (the water droplets are from a quick spray of water i tried to do near it as this usually gets them moving)

Attachments

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
It looks stressed not dead.

It may just be playing dead.

Leave it be. The abdomen looks nice and plump. Moult may be approaching.

arachnid.abdomen

Arachnopeon
It looks stressed not dead.

It may just be playing dead.

Leave it be. The abdomen looks nice and plump. Moult may be approaching.
I was thinking a moult but im not sure. Last one was 3 months ago and then 6 months before. Hoping that if i do leave it itll be alright.
Sometimes I just think i need to reassure myself not to worry all the time that im messing up something

Last edited:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I was thinking a moult but im not sure. Last one was 3 months ago and then 6 months before. Hoping that if i do leave it itll be alright.
Sometimes I just think i need to reassure myself not to worry all the time that im messing up something
If unsure about the care then just post up pics of your full setup and ask a few questions. There are plenty folk here that will be happy to help.

.. also just a heads up about language. Its a family friendly forum ;)

Last edited:

arachnid.abdomen

Arachnopeon
If unsure about the care then just post up pics of your full setup and ask a few questions. There are plenty folk here that will be happy to help.

.. also just a heads up about language. Its a family friendly forum ;)
I know about the care enough, i just worry myself that ive made a mistake without noticing because its happened in the past.
And whoops, I'll change that

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Checked on my c fimbriatus sling after rehousing a few days ago and it doesn't seem to be responding to anything. Doesn't look like a death curl to me but im not sure what else could be wrong. (the water droplets are from a quick spray of water i tried to do near it as this usually gets them moving)
Don't ever spray water directly on the spider, just pour some in the sub if you want to add in some extra moisture. It shouldn't be damp everywhere...just lightly moisten down one spot next time.

arachnid.abdomen

Arachnopeon
Don't ever spray water directly on the spider, just pour some in the sub if you want to add in some extra moisture. It shouldn't be damp everywhere...just lightly moisten down one spot next time.
Yeah i know, thanks
I do avoid it the best i can but sometimes the setting isnt quite right on the spray bottle and i forget to check.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
This species grows very quickly, so I'm with @KezyGLA in saying that it's just premolt. It's at the size that it is quite durable, so start erring on the side of caution and keep it a tad drier. They can handle draughts perfectly, but a stuffy enclosure kills them very quickly.

I will say though that a lethargic C. fimbriatus is not normal, premolt or not.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
If you sprayed right on it with no movement you've probably got yourself a dead spider. Hopefully it's just really good at staying still......

arachnid.abdomen

Arachnopeon
If you sprayed right on it with no movement you've probably got yourself a dead spider. Hopefully it's just really good at staying still......
Well good news for me. I checked the next morning and hes fine. Webbing and burrowing again just like he used to. Im just assuming the rehousing may of caused a bit of stress