C. Exilicauda baby Questions

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I suspect i have 2 gravid exililcauda out of 5, and i was wonderong once there born do i just leav them in there with the rest of the scorps ? and if i do have to seperate them do i wait till there juves and re-releas them into the coloney i already have ? :?

Gsc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Right time I find a female with babies on her back, I remove her from the colony into her own enclosure (usually sm-med kritter keeper)... Once the babies climb off her back, I add her back to the colony and keep the babies in the KK.

I usually have a piece of egg crate in the KK... babies have no problem molting, hiding, etc. on it... plus its easy to find them.

Keep them moister than the adults... I usually spray my babies down a few times a week....

I dump pinheads in a few times a week also...sometimes when I'm out of them, I'll squish a few adult crickets and drop in...they'll usually all eat off the carcasses.

This is my method- I'm alwasy learning from others... I'd like to see what everyone else says.

I've had the other scorpions in the colony eat the babies off the mom's back.... & some people seperate out gravid females before they give birth (I would but don't have room to usually).

Good luck buddy!

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
sounds like a plan to me, thanks very much ! ill go out today and purches med kritter keeper.