C. Darlingi strange behaviour

Niko77

Arachnopeon
Hi guys,

My C Darlingi has been acting strange recently and has a large lump on her abdomen which has me worried.

She does this thing where she “sticks” to the left side of the enclosure meaning she won’t go to the right of it and 90% of the time she’s hugging the left wall of her burrow or the left wall of the enclosure.

She isn’t skittish or defensive and has only eaten once in my care before starting to kill her food and throw it out. You can tell by the pics of her enclosure that she doesn’t go to the right side at all and literally pushes herself into the left.

I’ve read a couple threads on here and a lot of owners said their Ts have died after developing a bump or lump on their abdomen. I’ve uploaded some pictures if anyone can give me some advice?

Thanks

Attachments

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
It will be wild caught and that lump is probably a parasite of sorts. I had the same with an Augacephalus junodi.

Just to be safe I would keep that well away from the rest pf your spiders. Just incase.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
She does this thing where she “sticks” to the left side of the enclosure meaning she won’t go to the right of it and 90% of the time she’s hugging the left wall of her burrow or the left wall of the enclosure.
Why is this strange?

cold blood

Staff member
It will be wild caught and that lump is probably a parasite of sorts. I had the same with an Augacephalus junodi.

Just to be safe I would keep that well away from the rest pf your spiders. Just incase.
Its completely baffling that such an inexpensive, readily available CB tarantula would even be wild caught....talk about a waste of time for the dude collecting them.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Its completely baffling that such an inexpensive, readily available CB tarantula would even be wild caught....talk about a waste of time for the dude collecting them.
I have to agree. Same with many other species here. Shame

Niko77

Arachnopeon

Will it go away in the next moult?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I can’t tell 100% cuz lump looks smaller , iodine nearly saved my T stirmi but failure all the same.
I’m not sure if there’s anyway to stop a parasite. You’ll have to just hope for the best . Give it best care possible , I had one once it had a bad upright molt and died . It didn’t web much musta been sick.
Hi guys,

My C Darlingi has been acting strange recently and has a large lump on her abdomen which has me worried.

She isn’t skittish or defensive and has only eaten once in my care before starting to kill her food and throw it out. You can tell by the pics of her enclosure that she doesn’t go to the right side at all and literally pushes herself into the left.

I’ve read a couple threads on here and a lot of owners said their Ts have died after developing a bump or lump on their abdomen. I’ve uploaded some pictures if anyone can give me some advice?

Thanks