C. Cyaneopubescens molted 9days ago, not eating.

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
Here is a pic... the fangs look ready, and that was taken yesterday. Still ignoring crickets, dubia, and superworms! Tried all three. Also really really weirdly I touched her legs with the worm and she didnt run, she just lifted the leg. Is this out of The ordinary? She's normally very bolty

Attachments

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Try puting a few drops of water on her webbing near her to just make sure she is hydrated.

Sounds pretty normal though. Just because they are physically hardened doesn't mean they will eat. Just that they could. it's not uncommon that they wait a bit longer before they eat. i'd wait a 3-5 days and try again.

Edit. is there a but of red at the base of the fangs still? Looks like there might be in the pic.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Give it another week and try again. Make sure it has water. Be patient. Thats what keeping tarantulas is all about. :)

spookyvibes

Arachnobaron
Fangs don’t look completely hardened, give her some more time. Also make sure you have clean water readily available.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Fangs still look red at the base. Wait another few days to a week and try again, it won't starve in that time frame.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
If Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens is refusing foods, it’s either pre molt, post molt or dead. I am sure give it another a few days will do.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
she just lifted the leg. Is this out of The ordinary?
No

This is a poor picture and color is not easily determined. But behavior is easy to observe, it's not hungry, don't worry it will eat. The larger a T gets the longer it takes for them to eat.

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
No

This is a poor picture and color is not easily determined. But behavior is easy to observe, it's not hungry, don't worry it will eat. The larger a T gets the longer it takes for them to eat.
sadly I cant ever take really good pictures, Once I have the new larger enclosure I'll be able to open it and take pictures without the acrylic blocking it. Also I need to get a flashlight thats seperate from the phones light as that ruins pictures. Hopefully this ones a female! I think I see the flap that makes it a female, but I dont know for sure

aphono

Arachnobaron
sadly I cant ever take really good pictures, Once I have the new larger enclosure I'll be able to open it and take pictures without the acrylic blocking it. Also I need to get a flashlight thats seperate from the phones light as that ruins pictures. Hopefully this ones a female! I think I see the flap that makes it a female, but I dont know for sure
Feel you on this. My phone lies to me. Pic looks decent/good on the phone.. but looks over exposed etc when downloaded.. So many times I'll get a bit excited about what a looks like a great pic and think of uploading it to the Gallery. Download it and.... never mind... :embarrassed:

The abdomen looks good for post molt- skin is not wrinkly or excessively small, would not worry about feeding it asap. She'll be a munch monster before you know it.

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
Oh yes, the abdomen is fat, I offered her a dubia today, denied, and then a superworm, denied... Tried a mealworm and she went insane grabbed it and like rolled around..? or something, idk I think the mealworm was flailing and she was just pretending to be an alligator.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Oh yes, the abdomen is fat, I offered her a dubia today, denied, and then a superworm, denied... Tried a mealworm and she went insane grabbed it and like rolled around..? or something, idk I think the mealworm was flailing and she was just pretending to be an alligator.
Sounds like she wants smaller prey.

InvertAddiction

Arachnoknight
I'd still wait till the entirety of the fangs are black, up to another week before offering food again. As long as there's access to fresh water, there shouldn't be any issues. The hardest part after a T molts is the waiting game :p

aphono

Arachnobaron
No need to push feeding, though. That is something I had to learn in this hobby- patience and tarantulas truly are capable of lengthy fasts with no harm. Especially juveniles and adults. I would have stopped after the first attempt instead of trying different things.

A spider at that size easily handles 3 plus weeks of not eating. I've had 1/2" slings voluntarily not eat for 2, 3 wks(sealed off their own burrows) and they were fine. With that abdomen, it would have been fine for 2 weeks more. Just keep water dish filled.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
With big spiders i sometimes wait two to three weeks after a molt, unless they come out really really skinny after the molt and the fangs are full black.