1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C. Cyaneopubescens Enclosure for 1.5" Sling

Discussion in 'Vivariums and Terrariums' started by Nutcracker, May 2, 2018.

1. Nutcracker

Nutcracker Arachnopeon

Dallas
    Advertisement
    I have put this enclosure together to rehouse my 1.5" C. cyaneopubescens sling. The size is 7.5" w x 3.5" d x 4.5" t. The substrate to bottom of (solid) lid is 3.5". I tried to have several anchor points for the web using the cork bark and twigs. The water dish is about 1.25" diamter and 3/8" deep. The ventilation holes are 1/8" diameter and encircle the entire enclosure. I have the sizes here since it is hard to get a feel for from the pictures. The twigs not lying on the substrate as litter are hot glued in place.

This sling recently molted and I want to rehouse it soon. I am looking for feedback on the set up and any changes that you would make. Thanks!

2. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

Looks good to me :)
    It will make good use of those twigs and rough surfaces, though slings tend to web a bit less than juvies/adults ime. Or maybe they just outgrow their enclosures too fast to get some extensive webbing going :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ratmosphere

Ratmosphere Arachnoprince Active Member

CT
    Looks good! Love the webbing they produce!

• Like Like x 1
  4. spookyvibes

spookyvibes Arachnobaron Active Member

Indiana
    Lookin good! It's going to look really cool once it's all webbed up. Just make sure those ventilation holes aren't bigger than the carapace

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Nightshady

Nightshady Dislike Harvester Arachnosupporter

Very nice looking habitat! As a person who appreciates an aesthetic habitat... I approve. :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nutcracker

Nutcracker Arachnopeon

Dallas

Happy hiding out on the back of the cork bark.

• Love Love x 1
  7. aphono

aphono Arachnoknight Active Member

Very nice! I've started to decorate similarly for this species- broad surfaces(cork bark, fake succulent type plants with sort of umbrella shape etc), some twigs. They seem to like that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

It's fine, nice decorations in there. It will outgrow the container due to its width of 3" or so. However, for now, it will be great. It's a faster growing species.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mvtt70

Mvtt70 Arachnobaron

Not going to lie I kinda love it, really nice looking. It should work fine for its size.

10. Lithobius

Lithobius Arachnosquire

So cool! Those OXO style containers work really well.

11. Garth Vader

Garth Vader Arachnohipster Arachnosupporter

Ooo I love this enclosure. Looks awesome!