C. cyaneopubescens drowning prey?

PeteParker240

Arachnopeon
Arachno brothers and sisters,

Random question today. I have a juvenile Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens that appears to be drowning its prey. She (hopefully, fingers crossed) rarely is in the area of her water dish when I see her. When I feed her though...once she gets the food item she IMMEDIATELY takes it to the dish and submerges it in the dish or hovers over the dish while eating. Is this common or perhaps an individual habit of this particular T? In this pic I literally tossed the worm to the far side of the enclosure to see if she would just catch and kill it there...but like clockwork...she collected it and climbed over her webbing and straight to this spot.

Attachments

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Your C.cyaneopubescens simply decided to cover with web the provided water dish: pure normality, with this specie. Seems that he/she loves that spot.

I see nothing wrong :)

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Your C.cyaneopubescens simply decided to cover with web the provided water dish: pure normality, with this specie. Seems that he/she loves that spot.

I see nothing wrong :)
Yeah mine does this , wish they got bigger mine are small adults like probably 4.5-5” and gbb looks like it’s a terrestrial that can live aboreal it’s not heavy build.
They eat aggressively, pouncing on prey. So cool!!! Whole kritter keepers are fully webbed.

Toddydog

Arachnosquire
I like to call it the French dip. A couple of my T's like to do this as well. It's probably them masking the smell of the pray so they can stay undetected.