Buying new Ts and can't choose, suggestions?

Spoderman

Arachnopeon
ya the problem is i live in Canada haha,
so buying from USA is virtually impossible
Gpulchra adult female is 300$

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
I have 2 g pulchripes and both were freebies. Don't worry about them so much, everyone gives them away

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Gpulchra adult female is 300$
Crazy, twisted, deranged, out of common sense/rule, utter J.Nicholson 'Shining' price.

$300 for a 0.1 G.pulchra, Jesus Christ... $300 more or less here are: 267 Euro.

Euro 50/60 would be, IMO, too much for one of those :-/

Spoderman

Arachnopeon
Crazy, twisted, deranged, out of common sense/rule, utter J.Nicholson 'Shining' price.

Don't forget it is in Canadian $, that is down the gutters at the moment lol

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Don't forget it is in Canadian $, that is down the gutters at the moment lol
True, but still a lot, IMO :) more or less C.$ 300 are 207 Euro :eek: <--- EEK!

I know of course that prices are higher in USA and Canada... just that i remain always impressed.

shaneshac

Arachnosquire
Depends on your patience too! I would say G pulchripes and B baumgarternei would be the fastest growing of your list

I would go for 2 pulchripes and a pulchra

MikeC

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

€50/60 for a full grown, adult female pulchra would be a helluva deal...

(€ = euro, right?)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
€50/60 for a full grown, adult female pulchra would be a helluva deal...

(€ = euro, right?)
Euro currency, right :)

Uhm, i understand man, prices are IMO crazy in the Northern American (US and Canada i mean, don't know for Central/South America) area but i guarantee you, that, here in Italy (and still we have an Arachnid ban to deal with, thanks to ignorants as "f-word" politicians, a 2003 year law, and bans in general should lead stuff to high prices) that i would be extremely pissed off to pay (i wouldn't without a couple of 'Frebies' btw) a 0.1 G.pulchra more than 60 Euro without the impression to have dealt with a thieving seller :)

MikeC

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Euro currency, right :)

Uhm, i understand man, prices are IMO crazy in the Northern American (US and Canada i mean, don't know for Central/South America) area but i guarantee you, that, here in Italy (and still we have an Arachnid ban to deal with, thanks to ignorants as "f-word" politicians, a 2003 year law, and bans in general should lead stuff to high prices) that i would be extremely pissed off to pay (i wouldn't without a couple of 'Frebies' btw) a 0.1 G.pulchra more than 60 Euro without the impression to have dealt with a thieving seller :)
Interesting.
I would imagine that in a country where tarantulas are illegal to own, prices would be higher. Like, much higher.
Especially for an incredibly slow growing female of a highly desirable species.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Interesting.
I would imagine that in a country where tarantulas are illegal to own, prices would be higher. Like, much higher.
Especially for an incredibly slow growing female of a highly desirable species.
I think that one of the reasons is: we doesn't remained silent. The "Arachno Community" of Italy (little in numbers, true, but from a certain perspective that's not always a bad thing this) took a stand against, against an ignorant law made all of a sudden! a law that stated/states (LOL) things like that:
"every Arachnid is able to invalidate or kill someone" <-- lol how that's possible man? :)

The Arachno-Community made a (IMO top notch fair enough) list including really the potentially lethal Arachnids in that. The system, in a official way, never accepted that (lazy, corrupted, utter Mafioso's) but facts says that we are (finally!) granted to keep/and have authorized Arachnids fairs here in the boot. There's those fairs/events/shows, and Italians (few) and EU breeders are present.

Not the best, no doubts, especially if compared to you guys, able to buy what you want, when you want, 365 day... but better than a kick with iron boots on the manly parts :) no more Buthus & Sicarius & Loxosceles & etc?

Fine, for me, if i can (unlike Germans living in some Lander, according to recent, unhappy facts :angelic:) keep 'Pokies' and African 'Babs' :p

Another reason is, we (try) to help, protect, back each other shoulders, unlike "Snake's" enthusiasts (with few, very few exception) that loves to act 'choosy', "Professors" and backstab each others (here in Italy, i mean).

Sadly thanks to that ignorant law a lot of skilled people quit, a lot of good old school keepers/breeders turned "off", i stopped the breeding projects (who wants to breed something he/she can't, all of a sudden, anymore trade/sell with such risks?)

But i can't complain too much lol. I'm an happy man :)

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Firstly, I feel your pain being in Ontario. There are not that many options for us. Having said that, I just got the most awesome deal on Kijiji. I picked up two 3" G. pulchripes from a guy about an hour drive away. Both unsexed. I get them home and take a look and I have a male and a female. I paid $40 for the pair. I am floored by how gorgeous they are. Check online sources for people thinning their collections or getting out of the hobby - there are sometimes really good deals out there.
I'm a bit freaked out by the really tiny ones too, so I understand why you would have gone for the bigger ones.
G. pulchra are really my absolute favourites and are stunning. You can't go wrong with them. I've just picked up two spiderlings and I am hoping one is a female. I loved my previous girl, who I bought as an adult. I miss her a lot.
Here are the G. pulchripes. I'm really loving them so much.
The female.
_DSC9194-2-2.jpg

The male.
Male Chilling Out.jpg