Buying new Ts and can't choose, suggestions?

Spoderman

Arachnopeon
i also don't know if i should get multiples of the same specie (i get more chances of a female, but at the same time i might get double disapointed lol)

cold blood

Staff member
Depends on the species - for the ones listed you could easily get a female for the price of 2-4 slings.
Then you are buying over-priced slings;)

Or have a connection for some really cheap females:)

Iska

Arachnopeon
Then you are buying over-priced slings;)

Or have a connection for some really cheap females:)
The prices are listed at the top of the thread and later the sizes are somewhere.. can't find to quote quickly.
But a female of the species he has listed I've seen go for 200 or less. Maybe they are cheaper around here?

MikeC

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
its limited to what i want lol
I'd vote for pulchra, Sp. Red, and pulchripes if you're sticking to $100.
I'd exchange the pulchripes for an emilia if you find a $20 and some change in your couch.

cold blood

Staff member
i also don't know if i should get multiples of the same specie (i get more chances of a female, but at the same time i might get double disapointed lol)
Males shouldn't be seen as a disappointment, they should be viewed as an opportunity and learning experience. :bookworm: Everyone with a female and breeding aspirations needs males...this need allows you to use your males to grow your collection at virtually no cost. You can 1. sell the male once he matures, and use that to buy more ts, or gas, or dinner or whatever, its cash. 2. You can do a breeding loan and take a chance on getting a half of a sac, which can be sold to dealers in bulk, giving you more ts in return, or my favorite....3. Trade your male for another species or two or three. The last male I traded was a fairly common species and I still got a T. okerti and 5 P. cancerides slings...just in return for raising a really cool male til maturity.:astonished:

Utilize males people, seriously, I love the males!!

Plus the more males you can provide the breeders of your country, the more long term connections you can make:)

leaveittoweaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The prices are listed at the top of the thread and later the sizes are somewhere.. can't find to quote quickly.
But a female of the species he has listed I've seen go for 200 or less. Maybe they are cheaper around here?
Must be cheaper there. Only species on that list I could get for under $200 is G.Pulchripes. I never see female G.Pulchra under $300 and I haven't seen any E. Sp Red females for less then $275 recently..they are also very scarce to come by right now.

If it were me I'd get one of each, but I also wouldn't care about them maturing into males if that ended up happening. They are all great species to have! I can't attest to Emilia as I've never personally owned one but I've had the rest and they are all a pleasure to own!

MikeC

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
For what it's worth, a quick Google search pulled up a site selling a 1.5-1.75" B. Emilia female for $125.
I can pm you the site if you'd like.

She had an E. Sp. "Red" female for $175 as well, but it's no longer in stock. Came with one of her babies as well.

cold blood

Staff member
Ive never seen a female emelia that cheap...I assume it wasn't from a dealer.

MikeC

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ive never seen a female emelia that cheap...I assume it wasn't from a dealer.
I think it's related to the size.
It was from someone who I'd think was reputable. I'll pm you with the details.

Travis21v4

Arachnopeon
I can sell u every sling u want. U just happened to list everything i have and i am getting out of the hobby lol. Would be easier if you lived in vegas as well lol

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
Males shouldn't be seen as a disappointment, they should be viewed as an opportunity and learning experience. :bookworm: Everyone with a female and breeding aspirations needs males...this need allows you to use your males to grow your collection at virtually no cost. You can 1. sell the male once he matures, and use that to buy more ts, or gas, or dinner or whatever, its cash. 2. You can do a breeding loan and take a chance on getting a half of a sac, which can be sold to dealers in bulk, giving you more ts in return, or my favorite....3. Trade your male for another species or two or three. The last male I traded was a fairly common species and I still got a T. okerti and 5 P. cancerides slings...just in return for raising a really cool male til maturity.:astonished:

Utilize males people, seriously, I love the males!!

Plus the more males you can provide the breeders of your country, the more long term connections you can make:)

well...this seems like an amazing idea.