Question Buying from Europe.

Lorenzo Benevento

Arachnosquire
Hi everyone,
I'd like to know how you guys from Europe buy stuff in "For Sale" section of the forum.
This is because everytime I see something interesting, I don't know if the guy selling stuff is from Europe or other continent and obviously it isn't possible to ship pets from USA over here.
Any advice is appreciated. Also if you know active european forums.
Thank you in advance.
Lorenzo Benevento.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
This is because every time I see something interesting, I don't know if the guy selling stuff is from Europe or other continent and obviously it isn't possible to ship pets from USA over here.
Our rules for posting in the classified forums state that a seller should have their location as part of their profile or stated in the ad. Hover over a user's name in the post that interests you to check for a location if it isn't in the ad. If you can't find a location anywhere, then please report the ad.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
There are a good few of European sellers that use the boards (myself included)

However, there is unfortunately nowhere near as many as members from US/CAN. Therefore, the classifieds here are mainly used by sellers from across the pond. It would be good if there was seperate classified sections for each continent here on the boards.

There are other forums and classifieds for hobbyists/breeders/sellers based in Europe. If you need any help feel free to message me and I can point you in the right direction.

Lorenzo Benevento

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the replies, I think too it would be great to have two separate section or at least the something like "US" or "EU" in the title!

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Thanks for the replies, I think too it would be great to have two separate section or at least the something like "US" or "EU" in the title!
There are a few great sellers/breeders on Facebook, whether they ship to Italy i'm not sure but I know that @KezyGLA does, he's your best bet pal, great seller/breeder all round terrific guy, you can't go wrong with him, PM him for relative info on whatever sp. you're looking for, I'm sure he can sort you out with whatever you are looking for....am I getting paid for advertising @KezyGLA ....LOL.

Lorenzo Benevento

Arachnosquire
Ahahahah, I've sent a PM to him! I'll found a way to sell and buy those little guys from EU. Thanks everyone! Really a nice community!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ahahahah, I've sent a PM to him! I'll found a way to sell and buy those little guys from EU. Thanks everyone! Really a nice community!
Ah Lorè... :) do as you want and what you want, I don't judge you, but remember that the situation in Italy involving arachnids still today is a 'grey zone' and a bit controversial and the law 213 still is valid (sadly).

We aren't in the UK or somewhere else where it's "normal" to put a spider in the parcel and "Royal Mail" that and everyone "meh".
We doesn't have the "meh" part.

Conclusion: this means (capisci a me :cigar:) that a bit of, cough cough, discretion is advised if someone wants to, cough cough, do certain things.

Lorenzo Benevento

Arachnosquire
Ah Lorè... :) do as you want and what you want, I don't judge you, but remember that the situation in Italy involving arachnids still today is a 'grey zone' and a bit controversial and the law 213 still is valid (sadly).

We aren't in the UK or somewhere else where it's "normal" to put a spider in the parcel and "Royal Mail" that and everyone "meh".
We doesn't have the "meh" part.

Conclusion: this means (capisci a me :cigar:) that a bit of, cough cough, discretion is advised if someone wants to, cough cough, do certain things.
Hi man! Thank you for the advice, but I know the law 213/03. It says we can't keep arachnids that are potentially dangerous for humans. I know (unfortunatly) also that this law is something "disputable".
So yeah, if you keep some arachnid here in Italy you can potentially encounter legal problems.

That said, I also believe that we should keep running the hobby since (if you don't keep letal arachnids, and you shouldn't absolutely do it because it will damage all the people that loves arachnids) we are respecting this law.

There is also an unofficial list of potentially dangerous arachnids that someone uses as reference.

If you're Italian we can talk about it better in PM, anyway I appreciate your post, thank you again.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Hi man! Thank you for the advice, but I know the law 213/03. It says we can't keep arachnids that are potentially dangerous for humans. I know (unfortunatly) also that this law is something "disputable".
So yeah, if you keep some arachnid here in Italy you can potentially encounter legal problems.

That said, I also believe that we should keep running the hobby since (if you don't keep letal arachnids, and you shouldn't absolutely do it because it will damage all the people that loves arachnids) we are respecting this law.

There is also an unofficial list of potentially dangerous arachnids that someone uses as reference.

If you're Italian we can talk about it better in PM, anyway I appreciate your post, thank you again.
Ciao.

Il problema è che il governo (dell'epoca) e i governi dopo non hanno mai approvato (che Io sappia) in via ufficiale la lista stilata da Aracnofilia (Aracnofilia furono gli unici che si misero davvero, e seriamente, a lavorare per cercare di limitare i danni di una legge fatta in fretta e furia e senza nessun fondamento scientifico).

Ecco perchè, bene o male, seppur ancora argomento controverso, in Italia oggi si possono comunque acquistare aracnidi (non rientranti in tale lista, ovviamente) a fiere/mostre ecc

Detto questo, in caso di acquisto online (che poi, oh, Lorenzo... ho ragione di pensare che sicuramente ci sono stati, e ci sono, in Italia) fosse anche di una innocua Grammostola rosea, tutto potrebbe saltare (se sgamati, ovvio) in quanto nella 213 era (ed è) comunque vietata l'importazione.

Va anche detto che Io non ho mai sentito in tutti questi anni di sequestri ecc a parte un due/tre casi, ma si trattava più che altro di sensazionalismo da programmi stile "Barbara d'Urso" o "Striscia", unito però al fatto di documenti CITES mancanti (documentazione fondamentale) per alcune specie del genus Brachypelma.

Lorenzo Benevento

Arachnosquire
Ristudierò la 213/03, ma non mi pare di leggere qualcosa inerentemente all'importazione. Se tu potessi darmi indicazioni più precise riguardo questo specifico frammento della 213 te ne sarei grato, significherebbe che è qualcosa di cui non sono a conoscenza.

Detto questo, è purtroppo vero che ci si può ritrovare in processi legali (soprattutto a causa della poca preparazione per cose simili da parte degli enti che dovrebbero effettuare le verifiche) anche allevando specie assolutamente non pericolose al fine di dimostrare che l'esemplare posseduto è veramente innoquo.

Va anche detto che Io non ho mai sentito in tutti questi anni di sequestri ecc a parte un due/tre casi, ma si trattava più che altro di sensazionalismo da programmi stile "Barbara d'Urso" o "Striscia", unito però al fatto di documenti CITES mancanti (documentazione fondamentale) per alcune specie del genus Brachypelma.
Se stai senza CITES sei un birichino! Però questo non c'entra nulla con la (terribile) legge in questione.

Io credo che fin quando si rispettano CITES e (ovviamente) Convenzione di Berna, non si dovrebbe essere fuorilegge.

Non so se sia giusto parlare pubblicamente in una lingua che non tutti possono capire, per questo ti ho detto di parlarne in PM.
Grazie mille ancora per il messaggio, se posso imparare qualcosa in più su queste leggi, ben venga! ;)

Lorenzo Benevento

Arachnosquire
For everyone who don't speak Italian, we were talking about Italian laws. Anyway, if someone wants some explanation just ask.
Sorry again, I think it is a little bit rude to talk in a language that others can't get. But we were talking about something that (at least for me) was so difficult to explain in English.
Thank you all guys. ;):)

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
We do have a separate forum for Europeans. It is not active, sadly. It does have it's own classifieds section. I have added a few of you who I noticed were not in there. :)

Lorenzo Benevento

Arachnosquire
I think some admin have to enable this function to us! And maybe they didn't do it on your profiles!
It is easy to be found! It's under the "Arachnoboards Informations" section, the first one!

keks

Arachnobaron
I think some admin have to enable this function to us! And maybe they didn't do it on your profiles!
It is easy to be found! It's under the "Arachnoboards Informations" section, the first one!
You are right because I can't see there anything. So I am not sooo blind I thought I am ^^. Phew.