Buying a P.mettalica soon

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Idk if this is a good price but yea. $175 for sling. Seems to be much higher everywhere else. + i am in canada. Could someone please give me some caresheets for this pokey xD and if anyone has pics of there metalica or enclousures that would be great :D

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If yr going to pay that much for a sling you should probably put the leg work into using the search function. ;)

Good luck, they are gorgeous!

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think you keep them like any other poecilotheria. They all have basically the same requirements as far as temp, humidity and physical setup is concerned. Is this your first pokie?

bakaichi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hahah ur really going for it ~?
guess ur spring break didnt go to waste

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ye i was pretty sure its like most pokeys. Not 2hard 2 take care of. Room temp should be fine and just mist it xD. If temp needs raising i havea heat mat i could poisiton off to the side that would heat it a little

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Geeeeeeeezzzz... $175.00 for a sling!!! :eek:

All I can say is... look on the bright side. You've got a 50% chance it's a female!{D

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
150 is cheap, iv sen 300+. Even if it is male, 50/50 on sling babies, and i dont even have 2 do any work xD. My male could get eaten but meh xD. Id keep a few slings 4 my self and slel the rest to friends fro liek 50-100dolaz

bluegootty

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yea that's if ur mating was successfull, just a little reminder..kinda sux when things go dat way...

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah.. I would hate to have my male eaten then have no egg sac. would make me cry v.v

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Geeeeeeeezzzz... $175.00 for a sling!!! :eek:

All I can say is... look on the bright side. You've got a 50% chance it's a female!{D

Paid mine 400$ last Years. And they once sold even more expensive.

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I bet, next year the price will decline once more.

Seen it happen with many of the "must have" species. The GBB is a good example.

Good old, supply and demand. lol

That is a good price btw, I recently paid $200 for mine.

Noexcuse4you

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I don't buy any slings over about $150. The way I see it is by the time the expensive ones come down in price, your sling will already be almost full grown, if not mature and it will be worth much more than $150.

Now if only M. balfouri would come down to $150....