busy and surprising day

hruby

Arachnopeon
hey everyone i have been anticipating my giant white knee which was 4 in. to have a molt soon. It had been in premolt for the last 2 weeks. so today i got up an hour early with the time change and didn't even think to look at what i know found out was a her. i came in for my lunch break and ran to her enclosure and sure enough she was on her back. she had not started to molt yet so i lightly misted the cage and started to attend my other t's and when i got to my avic versicolor sling, heaven behold the little guy had molted on me without me haven a clue it was getting ready to. i had just fed it two days ago. It almost doubled in size from 1in to about 1 3/4. and i havent been able to measure my white knee but by looking at her she is at about 4 3/4 to 5 now. I love the guys, everyone should have at least one t in thier life
talk to you guys later

Emilyloulou

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My white knee shed last night! i was just getting ready for bed an saw it lying on its back, stayed up till well gone midnight watching it do not very much, set my alarm for 3am an sure enough it was half out of its skin. I've had it from a tiny sling an this is its 6th shed with me. Havent had time to check its size yet though but its old legspan was about 7cm - 2 1/2". I was so excited as despite having tarantulas for about 2 years i have never caught them in the act yet.

Congrats with yours!