Burrow Collapse

Iowa T Keeper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My curly has been diggin up a storm and made a fairle deep burrow now. My question is what if it caves in. Can she dig herself out? Will I have to dig her out? Has this happened to anyone and what did you do?

Just curious because her burrow is getting kinda deep

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Iowa T Keeper
My question is what if it caves in. Can she dig herself out? Will I have to dig her out? Has this happened to anyone and what did you do?

Just curious because her burrow is getting kinda deep
More than likely she'd be able to dig herself out. As long as there are no heavy rocks over her burrow she should be fine. Moistening the substrate some will aid in keeping the burrow from collapsing.

If you notice the burrow collapsed and don't see her in a day I'd probably dig around for her, very carefully of course.

Sounds like you have a very happy curly hair!

Kristen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Our H. Gigas had made an elaborate burrow in her tank, we noticed a few days ago that she had a hole coming up from under her waterdish. We were in the T room yesterday and noticed we couldn't see the water dish! She had moved so much dirt from underneath it that it collapsed in. We pulled it out and there was a very startled Big Momma underneath. The dish didn't hit her, but we have taken it out until she "rearranges".

Kristen