Burned subdtrate!!!!!

NEUROTOX

Arachnopeon
Ok so in an attempt to dry out my substrate I accidentally burned it. It's pretty stinky, i was wondering if its just better to throw it out or can it still be used once it's complete dried out?

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
If it stinks and you have some extra I’d just get rid of it.

To dry mine I just leave the container it’s in open for a day or two, or just take some dry stuff off the brick, if it’s eco earth, and pack it on top of the wet stuff.

NEUROTOX

Arachnopeon
I ended up chucking it out, the smell was killing me. I can imagine nothing else would want to live in there.

undeaddeaths

Arachnosquire
Sorry for dredging up an old post, but since I've been keeping t's and other inverts I've never tried drying coco in the oven.
I normally leave it out to dry in my garage whenever I buy some so I have it ready when needed.
Due to needing it more and more frequently lately, I thought I'd give it a try.
I left it in the oven a bit too long and caused some slight charring around the edges. It's not black nor ashy just a darker brown than normal. It doesn't have a strong odor, basically not far off from what normal coco has.
burntdirt.jpg
I tried scooping it out but it only made it mix in worse. I don't reckon it would be an issue but I'd like some other's opinions.