Bumba Cabocla sealed burrow

Jonesdal

Arachnopeon
My Bumba Cabocla diasappeared into it's burrow and closed the door. It's been close to 2 weeks now. I'm just wondering when I'll geto to see this little guy. Does anybody have any timeframes for how long it took slings of this species to open the burrow back up? I'm pretty sure it's fine, because I see that little spider booty from time to time in the window of the vial.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
It could be weeks, it could be months. It really depends on the individual. Just give it water and it’ll be fine.

cold blood

Staff member
Nostradamus himself couldnt predict the timing of your ts burrowing or emerging. Every situation and t is its own and on its own schedule.

Jonesdal

Arachnopeon
Dang... we had to go Nostradamous, lol. I'm very prepared for longer stints. I think I've seen my fossorial T twice since getting her. I guess I'm just anxious because I got this one around the same time I've gotten some other slings, Brachypelmas and an Aphonopelma and 1/2 of them moulted after this ine closed itself in.

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
Well I had a T go under for about half a year once. G pulchra. I am guessing the slower growing genuses will take longer. I could be wrong

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
My Bumba cabocla sling has also been subterranean since I got it in early Feb. I originally moved it into a smaller enclosure about three weeks after I got it because it was tiny and I couldn't find it in the huge sling enclosure I received with it. When I carefully dug it out, it had molted!

Magically, it has molted again since I put it into its new enclosure. I just keep watering one corner of substrate with a pipette, and it somehow survives. So! I guess just toss a piece of a prey item in there from time to time so it can eat when it wants, give it some water, and don't worry too much :)

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
My Bumba Cabocla diasappeared into it's burrow and closed the door. It's been close to 2 weeks now. I'm just wondering when I'll geto to see this little guy. Does anybody have any timeframes for how long it took slings of this species to open the burrow back up? I'm pretty sure it's fine, because I see that little spider booty from time to time in the window of the vial.
The T will come out when IT'S ready, not you. You gotta be patient. 2 weeks is nothing. I've had 2 different species of Ts decide to cruise underground for 2 and 3 months. Then they popped out and looked at me like what?