1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bumba Cabocla sealed burrow or mold?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Jonesdal, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Jonesdal

Jonesdal Arachnopeon Active Member

Advertisement
    So i haven't seen my little tunneler for a few days... but the last time I seen him he snagged a piece of mealworm and disappered into the tunnel... i feel like he went pre molt, like all of the other slings I received at the same time who are all refusing food... just want another eye.

Attached Files:

2. Thekla

Thekla Arachnodemon Active Member

Looks like mould to me. I'd just spot-clean it, but I think your enclosure could do with a bit more ventilation.
    Do you have a picture of the whole vial (preferably a side view)?

3. Jonesdal

I only have them on the top... and he's been in there over a month... and this is the 1st time... if it's mould it's from the meally... I'm ordering dpringtails too for my larger enclosures anyway... I think I'll sprinkle a few in there too since it brings prey down.

4. Thekla

Thekla Arachnodemon Active Member

Yes, quite possibly. They mould fast with damp substrate. Springtails are always good to help with that. :)

5. Jonesdal

Yeah, just need a second opinion on it... if it looks like it spread when I get back instant spot clean...

6. Jonesdal

I cleaned out that little bit if fuzz only ti hit dirt... it did seal itself in. I need to stop veing so concerned and let them di wgar they do.

But better safe than sorry

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2019