1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building three new glass tropical enclosures (foto report)

Discussion in 'Vivariums and Terrariums' started by Nonnack, May 1, 2018.

1. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Advertisement

Thanks I wasn't sure if you were going bioactive or not. Let us know who that turns out. Sounds promising.

• Like Like x 1
  2. joseoro11

joseoro11 Arachnopeon

USA
    What did you use for the glass to slide as a door? and for ventilation?

3. Nonnack

Nonnack Arachnoknight

Poland
    For door rail I used aluminum 'U' profile, for vent perforated steel plate. I cut it to needed size and paint black for nice look.

4. RonnyT

RonnyT Arachnosquire

What if the tarantula burrows into the clay balls?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nonnack

Nonnack Arachnoknight

Poland
    Than it will be inch or less from the bottom. Clay balls are very light, its not like heavy stones, I don't think it can do any harm to tarantula.

6. Jayke

Jayke Arachnopeon

Very nice! If you don't mind me asking, where do you get your wood from?

7. Nonnack

Nonnack Arachnoknight

Poland
    Thanks, sure I don't mind. Most of stuff I get just from my backyard;P I live in country, and there is lot of trees growing in my property. Every year we cut down lot of branches and even whole trees. That is when I look for nice looking pieces of bark and wood. But all that stuff you can get from forest, and you don't need to cut anything (actually you shouldn't), moss, roots, bark, everything is just laying in forest ground.

8. N8Legged

N8Legged Arachnosquire

what do you call that plastic screen stuff you have over the back side of the enclosure, i've seen it made in clear somewhere else before too. but I have no idea what to ask for when I go to the hardware store looking for it.

9. Nonnack

Nonnack Arachnoknight

Poland
    I am not sure what you are asking for. You mean that black ventilation? It is perforated steel plate, that I cut to proper size and painted black.

10. Joogvanhedel

Joogvanhedel Arachnosquire Active Member

Love the strawberry plant :)

11. Nonnack

Nonnack Arachnoknight

Poland
    Unfortunately i killed it by inattention:/ There was really hot summer, enclosure was still empty, and I din't pay too much attention to watering it.

[​IMG]

Now I replaced it with some other plant.

• Sad Sad x 1
  12. Joogvanhedel

Joogvanhedel Arachnosquire Active Member

13. Nonnack

Nonnack Arachnoknight

Poland
    It is not so sad, I have plenty of it growing wildly in my property;P Next spring I will try again to grow wild strawberries in T enclosure;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Disquiet

Disquiet Arachnosquire

USA
    Very nice designs, I'm curious about the doors though. How do you work in the enclosure with a top-to-bottom sliding door? Do you have to hold the door up with one hand? Do you slide it out altogether?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nonnack

Nonnack Arachnoknight

Poland
    When I work with fast spiders I put small box, or something under the door, when I work with slow ones, I just remove doors completely:)

• Like Like x 2