1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

BugsInCyberspace (www.bugsincyberspace.com)

Discussion in 'Online Dealer Reviews' started by Gsc, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Anonymity82

Anonymity82 Arachnoprince

Advertisement
    I bought some flies and white dwarf isopods and couldn't be more pleased with the transaction. I expect the best from Peter and I get the best! Communication 110%. Packing 110%. Animal health 110%. I will be ordering from Peter again in the future. Always a pleasure. Thanks Peter!!!

2. Dizzle

Dizzle Arachnoknight

POSITIVE!
    Yet another excellent buying experience! Highly recommend these guys to anyone with an interest in arthropods - great communication and fair pricing with a nice selection.
    He has plenty of small feeders for anyone like me who likes to keep true spiders as well

3. beetlequeen

beetlequeen Arachnopeon

A++++++++!

Absolutely another 100% positive review from me!

This review has been a long time coming. I've ordered a lot of different things from Paul, and everything arrived really quickly and perfectly healthy. I've ordered 2 spiny flower mantis nymphs, 4 Eastern Hercules beetle larvae, and 6 Phanaeus vindex rainbow dung beetles as far as live animals go. I've also ordered books and substrate. My desert beetles all love the substrate he offers, and the books have been really helpful, especially the beetle breeding book. Whenever I have any questions, Paul responds within a day and is always friendly and helpful. I highly recommend him to everyone who wants to get into keeping inverts!

4. beetlequeen

beetlequeen Arachnopeon

Just realized my phone autocorrected "Peter" to "Paul." D'oh.

5. BugMasterD

BugMasterD Arachnopeon

I ordered nine white-spot assassin bugs and four simandoa roaches. They came, in very nice shape. He was also generous enough to grant upon me, one free assassin.

6. lmactans

lmactans Arachnopeon

I ordered S. polymorpha, H. arizonensis, and L. hesperus, and I am thoroughly impressed! The packaging was very sturdy, and all the animals arrived safe and in excellent health. The customer service was also top notch, with Peter answering any questions I had. I will be ordering again in the very near future!

7. FireSpider

FireSpider Arachnopeon

PA
    Positive! I just received my order of hissers and isopods from Peter. Everything was alive and crawling when it got here, despite the package looking like it had a rough ride. He even threw in an extra hisser. His communication was fantastic and it was an all-around wonderful transaction. Will definitely be buying more bugs from Peter in the future.

8. MantidMaster

MantidMaster Arachnosquire

Mega-├╝ber-super-awesome-liciously positive!!
    Ordered a D. Tityus from him. And the larva turned up fine!!! Good packaging, and good communication/service!!!!

9. armyangel93

armyangel93 Arachnopeon

Positive!

I ordered my first tarantula last week, an A. chalcodes, from his website. As it was my first tarantula purchase, and one of my first experiences with online purchasing, I had some questions. Peter was quick to respond and very understanding. He answered all my questions in a timely manner and was so very nice! The tarantula shipped out on Monday and got here early Wednesday. I intercepted the package at the post office as soon as I saw that it had been dropped there. It is now enjoying its new enclosure and seems perfectly happy and healthy! I will be buying from Peter in the future and would recommend him to anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Acecurls11

Acecurls11 Arachnopeon

MA
    So that's where my A. chalcodes went I tried to buy from Peter ... lol!! Good deal and hope your happy with it ... you got it from a great guy! I have had several transactions with Peter and he is always a pleasure to do business with ... excellent communication, available to answer questions, and top-notch critters and supplies. His packaging is great and very easy to work with .... extremely knowledgeable ... do not hesitate to do business with him .. you will not be disappointed!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Grasshopper99

Grasshopper99 Arachnobaron Classifieds User

POSITIVE (as usual)

Peter does a fantastic job at what he does. I ordered some assassin bugs and spiders, which arrived in amazing condition (and i got a few extras)! Always my "go to" place when looking for new inverts. :)

12. sassqitch89

sassqitch89 Arachnopeon

i ordered two spiders from peter and his communication is really good answers back right away, a nice guy. one thing i was not satisfied with was the packaging, the fragile spiders were shipped in empty deli cups so they could slide and get banged around in there. the box had no air holes poked in it. the box was also damaged(not his fault) from shipping, due to that he did refund my money in full which i was thankful for but i'm not sure i would order spiders from him again.

13. Anonymity82

Anonymity82 Arachnoprince

ANOTHER FIVE STARS!!

I've been going through Peter for years now and I've never had anything close to a problem. Always amazing communication. Great selection on his site. My favorite place to "browse" (and buy) for bugs on the internet. The packing was superb! Everyone (as always) was as healthy as can be when they arrived. I will definitely be doing business again with him the second I'm in the market again for some cool critters. Thanks Peter!!!

14. This entry is with regards to the 10-13-2015 post by sassqitch89. Below you will find a letter I sent to him after he posted his negative feedback. He did not reply and so I have no good choice but to defend my position.

I am allowed one public response to this [his post which I'd copied in the email] per the Arachnoboards rules. I double checked on this with management at Arachnoboards as I wasn't sure. In fact, this is my first negative feedback post, ever. Rather than post a reply in my own defense, however, I thought I'd try a different approach and contact you first to discuss some of the points you made.

1. You mentioned that the deli cups were empty. In your photos attached to the email below you fail to show the lids and the paper towel that was running in a strip across the top. I have been shipping spiders for 20 years. Trust me when I say this is the best way to ship this particular species. They hold onto that top strip just fine and shipping them in other ways is actually riskier for reasons I could explain (based on the experience of shipping and receiving thousands of different species). My collector ships them to me in 3.25 ounce cups and they arrive alive just fine. I ship them to my customers in 8 oz cups which is roomier than necessary. So, I am unhappy with your public point here because it is misleading to future customers. I'll kindly state it is "misleading" to say the cups were empty. This hurts my business.

2. You then mention that the box had no holes in it. I ship many packages of living animals per week for many years now. Holes in boxes are inadvisable for the following reasons:

A. Holes in the box are completely unnecessary. Even in a 3.25 ounce cup with no holes in it, the spiders can breathe for weeks. Their lungs don't work like ours. Despite this fact, the 8 ounce cups that I shipped them in did actually have a dozen or so pinholes punched in the lid. I punch those holes NOT because they are necessary for the spider to breathe or for air/temp transfer, but simply because I know from many years in shipping bugs that if anything goes wrong and somebody sees that there are no holes they will automatically conclude it was for a lack of holes. I receive boxes from Arizona in 110 heat all summer long. The specimens have no holes in their lids in many cases. Myth busted!
    B. Holes damage the integrity of the shipping carton causing it to be more susceptible to damage as it moves through a belt system with many other boxes of different sizes that can catch one of the holes and rip a bigger hole that eventually leads to more damage. Holes damage the integrity of the carton wall causing it to be more susceptible to being crushed.
    C. There are actually other reasons that I can go into, if necessary. I was a damage clerk for 3 of my 19 years at UPS.

Clearly the box had the crap beaten out of it by the post office. You state that it was "not his fault" and that's really the point here as this is the reason the spiders were dead. They even slapped a sticker on it that said "damaged in transit".

It should be pointed out that you chose Priority Mail as the shipping option with "NO live arrival guarantee". I wrote to you and requested that you allow me to hold it for a week because it was (1) critically hot at your location and that (2) I don't guarantee live arrival on spiders with priority mail. Clearly this demonstrates that I care about the animals. When you provided the photo proof of the damaged box, I immediately refunded you because that was the professional thing to do.

Only three times in 20 years of shipping has the post office damaged one of my shipments to this extent.

I request that you reconsider your feedback post and contact a moderator at Arachnoboards and ask him to delete it. I'd prefer that we just settled this between the two of us, rather than publicly. Your post is hurting my reputation and my business and I feel it was unfair. I appreciate your consideration of my request.

Thank you,

Peter Clausen

That concludes my request of him and the offer is still open if he'd like to have his post deleted. I would gladly request that this one be deleted as well. But I will not let somebody with 23 posts on this forum mislead the hobbyists I have served faithfully for many years now.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  15. MrDeranged

MrDeranged He Who Rules Staff Member

Bugsincyberspace.com's new reviews can be found here.

• Like Like x 1