Bugmom's Tarantulas

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Tarantula hair and bodies can't change color without a molt. Maybe it is due to molt soon, I don't know. Losing hair sounds like it's rubbed hair off perhaps. Maybe squeezing itself into some tight spot in the enclosure?

But the hairs don't stay blue. Their butt starts to change color from blue to purple with each molt.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Not tarantulas, but I don't want to make a separate thread.

Chinese mantis babies (Tenodera sinensis). Emerged a few hours ago. This is my first ootheca ever, and I thought for $7, if it doesn't hatch, oh well. 70+ mantids later.... lol.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Just in! Megaphobema mesomela slings :)

Also just got in two Harpactira pulchripes slings. They're very flighty though so this was the best photo I could get. Sdsynbny said one ran up his arm when he unpacked them and they're a bit too :greedy: to risk losing.

Recently molted GBBS, C. fasciatum, and Bumba cabocla:

Aphonopelma species... something.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
I've been unable to use my good monitor and software to edit photos due to my desktop PC being a Piece of Carp. The following shots are, uh, carpy, but I'll share them nonetheless. If the coloring looks "off" to you, it's probably due to trying to edit on a cheap laptop. This thing doesn't have a good graphics card or monitor.

Megophobema mesomelas sling molting. I was trying to cook dinner at the same time. Bad timing, spider!

I thought it'd be neat to play with the light some.

All done!

Some other tarantulas:

Adult female Aphonopelma chalcodes (Flagstaff Orange flavor):

Davus fasciatus

Harpactira pulchripes