Bugmom's Tarantulas

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I put my diversipes into bigger, clearer new enclosure right before it molted, and now I see it all the time. Which I'm quite pleased with. And yep, that's my A. geni beast. Someday, she's gonna make me some beautiful babies. You know, if I don't lose an arm in the process.
I think my girl is preparing to molt yet again already (high temps over here due to heatwave might have triggered it) as she webbed quite some. She's also plugged out every, single plastic plant and put it somewhere else (a certain one right again in the waterdish...as usual *sigh* - bad gardener!) and she started trying to nom on the thick ventilation plate of her enclosure (which she won't be able to get through, I'm certain of that at least - as her tries show no whatsoever results so far and she has tried for some time already!). I really like mine, but they're sometimes really a chore to deal with (if they have a "bad day") :D

Bugmom

Arachnolord
I had a lot of maintenance/feeding/rehousing to do today, so I tried to get some photos while I was at it.

This was fun :biggrin: She molted last month, and really needs a larger tank now, I think, but in the meantime, I thought I'd have some fun with the "murder spider" as my boyfriend and I call her (she attacks everything). Acanthoscurria geniculata:

I have to put her in a container to do anything in her enclosure, and she did NOT want to come out!

Ethel (Aphonopelma hentzi) is always a good sport. I put those leaves in there and she didn't even move. That's a hollowed-out fake pumpkin in the corner. She has never used a hide, so it's purely for decoration right now.

One-week-past-molting Aphonopelma burica sling.

P. cambridgei sling

Maraca cabocla sling (Brazilian Red Head)

Kochiana brunnipes sling (and this is after one molt... I acquired two of these a few months ago but one was ate by mealworms)

Last edited:

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nice new set of pics. LOL at the A. geni enclosure ;)

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Nice new set of pics. LOL at the A. geni enclosure ;)
She has a boyfriend on his way here. When he matures and I mate them, I think I'll set it up all WWE style and film it with commentary like I'm the announcer lol.

Lllllet's get ready to rrrrruuummmbbbllllllllle!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Wow, two years since I updated photos in here!

I just love the golden carapace on this hentzi.

My little brunnipes is still little, but not as little as two years ago. I hardly ever see her (him?) as these like to burrow and stay hidden. Absolutely beautiful tarantula though.

Speaking of beautiful (I seem to have a thing for T's with golden colors, don't I?)...

This was hilarious. I simply wanted to get some photos of this guy, and he decided to play tug-o-war with the paintbrush!

Nothing fancy or rare about this little scorpion, but he/she has a lot of attitude. I love watching him/her chase down crickets, which are always eaten, which is obvious by how fat it is! No crickets for you for a while, tubby!

Bugmom

Arachnolord
My newest acquisition, from Raining Reptiles :D Insanely happy, I've wanted a blue fang for so long. Hard to photograph though, as HOLY CRAP THESE THINGS ARE FAST.

That footsie <3

Cheeto.

A. ezendami.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Glad you got to pick up A new T, the Ephobopus are cool genus I have two little uatuman slings and the are stupid fast even at 1 inch. remember there urticating hairs are on the pedipalps.
How did you like meeting Simon?

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Glad you got to pick up A new T, the Ephobopus are cool genus I have two little uatuman slings and the are stupid fast even at 1 inch. remember there urticating hairs are on the pedipalps.
How did you like meeting Simon?
He had ONE left and it was mine, dangit!

Urticating hairs on the pedipalps? Whose bright idea was that? Nature - why you do this to me? My hands have been itching for nearly a week now, and I don't know if it's still the effects from handling a genic molt, or if I've developed an allergy to something else. It's only my fingers though.

I've fed uatuman slings before (pet sitting for friends) and yeah, fast. Fast fast fast. One escaped, never to be seen again (not one *I* was feeding, mind you lol, the guy helping feed gets credit for that). This was when they were even pricier than they are now. :(

Simon is awesome. We spent like 30 minutes talking shop before we were both too cold to take it anymore. I'm going to send him my wish list and see what he can find for me. I'm debating on going to the Portland show because I'd have to make the trip by myself.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I might go to Portland show depending on the weather, the same show will be in Monroe in May a little closer but you gotta wait till spring :(. Not sure I can do that. If I go to Portland maybe we can share a ride.
http://www.nwreptileexpos.com/

Bugmom

Arachnolord
I might go to Portland show depending on the weather, the same show will be in Monroe in May a little closer but you gotta wait till spring :(. Not sure I can do that. If I go to Portland maybe we can share a ride.
http://www.nwreptileexpos.com/
Not sure if I'll still be living here in May, as my husband is interviewing for jobs in Portland and Yakima. But yeah, let me know if you want to go to the Portland show, I'd be happy to have some company. Just don't try to murder me, and if you do, do it before I buy anything :p

Bugmom

Arachnolord
A few of my genic from this morning.

"This is MY water dish. You can't have it!"

"I wasn't kidding!"

Bugmom

Arachnolord
I apparently bought a $1,000 macro lens to take pictures of arachnids on my arachnids.

A. versicolor .5" sling with predatory mites.

Euthlus parvulus

"Lookit my butt! Is'a cute butt."

Mature male Kochiana brunnipes

Bumba cabocla

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Nice shots, the new lens makes a night and day difference. I love the E. parvulas, I have 5 diff Euathlus species all wonderful eight legged fuzzies.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Nice shots, the new lens makes a night and day difference. I love the E. parvulas, I have 5 diff Euathlus species all wonderful eight legged fuzzies.
This is the only one I have, and I really need to rectify that someday.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Beautiful pictures. Does the abdomen of your Avicularia versicolor sling ever turn brown before it molts?

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Beautiful pictures. Does the abdomen of your Avicularia versicolor sling ever turn brown before it molts?
Thanks. I just got this one yesterday, but the last one I had, I never really knew when it was going to molt. I suspect the bulging chelicerae of this sling, and a slight dulling of the "shininess" on it's bristles, is a sign that it's in pre-molt.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
This color change happened to my Avicularia versicolor sling. It molted twice in my care and was an electric blue color in its old enclosure. Ever since I moved it into the new enclosure, its abdomen lost hair and looks a purplish brown. This never happened before and I'm concerned.