Bugmom's Tarantulas

Bugmom

Arachnolord
I decided it was high time Charlie the LP sling had a photo shoot. She's going to be molting soon, so I wanted some pre-molt pictures.

"But I don't want my picture taken. I like it here, under my leaf."

"I said no! And you can't make me!"

"Oh, fine."

"Are you happy now?"

"Does this rock make my butt look big?"

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Some random pics of my spider herd:

Sylv, unsexed Aphonopelma sp. "uh, something"

Bertha, female Aphonopelma sp. "uh, something"

I posted this one in the molt thread, but was too cool not to post here too. P irminia molt, pre-wetting to stretch out.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Well, it's likely not the RECOMMENDED method for transferring a P. irminia, but it got the job done:

1. Make sure your spider is indeed in the old enclosure.

2. Pick up dirt curtain with tongs. Expect spider to come out. Be disappointed. Place entire dirt curtain in new enclosure.

3. Locate spider in dirt curtain. Again.

4. Convince spider it really doesn't need that old dirt curtain. These are it's new digs. Much better, and who doesn't like getting to redecorate?

5. Take the first good photos you've gotten of spider in a month.

Solucki

Arachnoknight
Awesome pics!!
Love the dialogue you got with your LP. Reminds me of my LD and his leaf. God he loves his little leaf umbrella.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Awesome pics!!
Love the dialogue you got with your LP. Reminds me of my LD and his leaf. God he loves his little leaf umbrella.
Thanks!

My LP went underground right after I took those shots. She finally molted sometime in the last like 4-5 days. I still haven't seen her, except for some hairy legs down in the hole. I'm going to give her a couple more days then see if she's hungry.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Lovely irminia! Just saw "Phaedra" out tonight, too. Always a treat if they show up ;)

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Lovely irminia! Just saw "Phaedra" out tonight, too. Always a treat if they show up ;)
Phaedra is what inspired me to get a P. irminia. I got lucky and traded my H. mac for a sling and a juvie.

Of course, now I've ended up with an A. diversipes that's just as fast as my H. mac was, and about as cooperative. Here it is on the side of it's enclosure, where it surprisingly stayed while I switched out substrate (I'm switching to vermiculite for my high humidity and arboreal species in hopes of no more mold outbreaks).

My new BFF courtesy of Scoolman: "Sepia," an Aphonopelma sp. "Flagstaff Orange"

Adorableness: "Angie," my bashful new A. angustum female:

And a versicolor pic cause it came out neat:

Last edited:

Bugmom

Arachnolord
This little Flagstaff Orange is just seriously too freaking adorable for words.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A. diversipes are somewhat more defensive, too :D My couple little ones now and then give threat-postures to prey items or me when watering them, hehe. But oh so cute and awesome looking!

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Tiny threat posture from my new M. balfouri. If he gets any more vertical, he's gonna topple over backwards lol

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Can't help but smile about that little M. balfouri - my P. langenbucheri is the same way: Tiny T - BIG attitude :D

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Can't help but smile about that little M. balfouri - my P. langenbucheri is the same way: Tiny T - BIG attitude :D
It's what makes them appealing I think. Hoping this one calms down though, as yeah. I've already got enough T's that want to eat my face.

Blame Tapatalk + "smart" phone for the typos kthnx

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Thought it was time to resurrect this thread and add a few photos.

Aphonopelma sp. Flagstaff Orange. He is such a good little spidey, always sits still for photos.

This one came out fuzzy, but heck, I'm happy it came out at all!

Brachypelma boehmei, “Bobby,” not such a good sport at being disturbed, but tolerated a few photos.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
These are long overdue.

I hadn't seen this dude in... well ya know, I never really see him, so I was shocked to see this much. He just molted. I think one more molt and he's going to mature.

My Flagstaff buddy

The infamous Ethel

My little diversipes is growing up *sniffle*

There IS a Monocentropus balfouri in there. I promise.

This is a mystery Avicularia. I have three of them. They were sold to a friend as purpurea, but obviously are not.

Brizzl

Arachnosquire
God that diversipes is amazing, I have to get my hand on one of those.

Awesome pictures, always fun to see new ones.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Beautiful diversipes - I really love mine. It's making everone go "Wow" once you shine light onto them in the right angle and their colors show off completely! ;) I'm assuming that's your A. geni beast :D

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Beautiful diversipes - I really love mine. It's making everone go "Wow" once you shine light onto them in the right angle and their colors show off completely! ;) I'm assuming that's your A. geni beast :D
I put my diversipes into bigger, clearer new enclosure right before it molted, and now I see it all the time. Which I'm quite pleased with. And yep, that's my A. geni beast. Someday, she's gonna make me some beautiful babies. You know, if I don't lose an arm in the process.