Bufo Viridis Needs Help?

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
Hey guys,
Yesterday night i found a Bufo viridis hoping around, while i was watching 4 giant mediterannean geckos hunting moths on a lamb (its actually satisfying). Now that i look at it better, it seems very skinny, and unable to stand up properly. At the moment, i'm experiencing a mass death of my mealworm (3000 of dead, around 20$ worth of mealworms) so im left with 10-12, and probably wont be able to get more this week. I did force feed the toad since he refused to eat 5 times, and i also gave him some calcium, i dont know if it's good for them but he looked like he was missing minerals. He seems a bit better now but still he's not standing up like a normal Bufo viridis will do, but lying on his belly, like he's sick or something. I've kept Bufo viridis before, and raised them from eggs (released when reached frog stage.) but never seen one behave like this. Is the frog suffering frog an illness,bacteria or internal damage? Also since he is wild-caught, can he by any chance eat wild caught butterflies,moths,locusts or earthworms?.
NOTE : He isnt old, the behaviour is definetly not the frog being old, he is smaller than the average adult green toad (Bufo Viridis).
NOTE 2 : As im writing this, I can see the frog trying to climb up the enclosure, vertically, but he puts his butt and backfeet first, and head,front-feet second, like some type of yoga. http://prntscr.com/g9oihy (sorry for the blurry image im using my skype cam, since my phone is out of battery)

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Don't know anything about the illness--it sounds pretty bad, and if you can I would treat with Panacur, an antifungal and an antibiotic. If you do manage to get it better, these toads, like all other insectivorous tetrapods (at least that I know of), need calcium and D3 supplementation on insects.
Edit: this honestly sounds most like a parasitic infection--the toad is emaciated and possibly missing key nutrients. So go straight for Panacur or another vermicide as soon as possible. It could be something else, but worms are the most likely problem, I think.

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
I got 2 vets in my area but i think none work with frogs and none sells that. After his first meal, and a very nice hot bath, the little guy stood on his front feet, he looked way better. I'm gonna keep feeding him and providing a lot of D3-calcium till that guy becomes "functional" again.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
That is all great to hear! I would still try to get an antihelminthic, though, even if it isn't panacur (an antihelminthic is medication to kill parasitic worms--sorry for calling it a vermicide earlier, that's incorrect). It sounds like it's possibly not as urgent as I had thought, but I would be surprised if your toad doesn't have worms (this assuming you're planning on keeping it long-term). Any vet should have one, because dogs and cats also get worms, and you want something very broad-spectrum anyway. Fenbendazole is the chemical usually branded as Panacur, but I'm sure there are others as well.
Other than that, it sounds to me like you should keep doing what you're doing. Toads are generally pretty tough, and I have a bunch this one will pull through.

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
I'll keep updating, but today the frog was standing up almost the whole day. I keep farting him up and he is almost double in size now. Today i woke up to find diarrheia in his cage but i think it was poop that got destroyed by him stepping on it. Gotta start limiting his food and feeding him once per other day. He looks way better now. By the way his cage is empty so he doesn't get injured from decoration. And for me to look at him better.

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
UPDATE : The little thing is looking way better now! fourth day and he is already jumping around the cage, He poops everyday so i think the parasites or illness is gone (poop smells a lot). He tries to escape by climbing the cage lol. I Dont think its happening though, that poor being is not gonna make it in the wild, so i guess i got a new pet! i'll keep updating and probably show his new cage once i buy it.