Brown Recluse?

JWH

Arachnopeon
My wife and I saw this spider on our ceiling. We can’t decide if it is a Brown Recluse or not. This is the best picture I could get. My wife lightened the shadows and lowered the contrast on the picture. What do you think?

Attachments

Hardus nameous

Yes, but only on Tuesdays!
Arachnosupporter +
The eyes don't look right to me for a Loxosceles reclusa (brown recluse).

NYAN

Arachnoking
What state do you live in? If you’re outside their range it’s almost certainly not a brown recluse. By the looks of the photo I don’t think it one anyway either.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
It's certainly not an agelenid either, which precludes hobo spiders.

It looks like a philodromid, or could be Heteropoda venatoria. The markings are kind of blurry and difficult to tell for sure. One of those two families though, running crab spiders or huntsman.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
My wife and I saw this spider on our ceiling. We can’t decide if it is a Brown Recluse or not. This is the best picture I could get. My wife lightened the shadows and lowered the contrast on the picture. What do you think?
Where, geographically speaking, was it found? (The U.S. is a big country.)

It's definitely not anything medically significant, but I'd want to know the location before venturing a more specific ID.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
The legs are completely wrong for a Recluse. And if those are swollen palps you can rule out Venatoria and close relatives - abdomen shape is wrong.