brown recluse

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
seriously. What the hell is up with that spider... man, let it bite you.. maybe you'll get super spider powers!

leiurus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes, you'll be like Spider-Man! You won't have a poor sight. {D

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
okay, here it is, the spider that would not die, but i got em in the end. :)

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
oh, would you just rela-OWWWWW!!!! OH GOD THE PAIN!! AUGHHH!

just kidding, don't worry. still, the big ones only seem to come out when i'm barefoot, which really sucks.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
carpe scorpio said:
Sure looks like a male L. reclusa to me, man, be careful!.
i concur...got the fiddle on the back, tell-tale sign

Scorpie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i had never heard of this spider, i did a quick search on google and found one of the horible pictures ive ever seen. a man got biten of the face and half his face was off. what a horible spider, i would get exterminators down there quick smart. get your inverts out though.

NYbirdEater

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
pandinus said:
do you think it would be safe to feed some of these to my scorps? the house has loads of them, and they look rather weak. they couldn't bite through a scorp's exoskeleton could they?
Watch out for those recluses, they are nothing to mess with. I'd take a bite from my T's or my scorps before getting near one of those things. Very toxic to humans.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The Brown Recluse Spider is found in probably 80% of homes in their range. You can put fly tape on the floor and that will get many of them. Sprays won't kill them unless you spray it directly on the spider. Pandinus, it sounds like you have a nice infestation of them. Be careful !!!!!!!!!

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, they arent so bad. they really don't bug me, i just kill them when i see them.

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
oh wow.. again, I am so glad that I don't have that many spiders in my house with necrotic venom. :)

NYbirdEater

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
pandinus said:
yeah, they arent so bad. they really don't bug me, i just kill them when i see them.
Being you think they aren't so bad here's a picture of what happens from a bite, I've even seen worse. :eek:

Attachments

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
earlier this thread I posted a bunch of links to bite photos too.. It's scary. :)

Their bites look like tropical ulcers of the prisoners of the japanese in wwII.

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Did anyone happen to know that the scorpion, Hemiscorpion lepturus, also produces such necrotic ulcerations?. BTW, that's just nasty.