1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken Aculeus

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by undeaddeaths, Jun 12, 2019.

1. undeaddeaths

undeaddeaths Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    I noticed my D. Peloncillensis' aculeus is broken (only the tip of the stinger), I just recently got him and didn't notice it at first. I'm not sure what instar he is in so I'm hoping he will be able to regen it back with the next molt if he isn't finished growing. Does anyone have any tips other than not giving him feeders where it might require him to use it?

2. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoemperor Active Member

That's about all you can do. It'll probably scavenge the feeders, so that'll be fine. I'm not sure if it'll grow back all the way if it molts though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mordax8393

Mordax8393 Arachnosquire Active Member

USA
    This is a large clawed scorpion which kills with the claws not tail so you should be good

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Galapoheros

Galapoheros ArachnoGod Old Timer

texas
    I think that's the only part of a scorpion that often regenerates with molts. You may know already but scorpions generally don't regenerate limbs with molts like spiders and some other inverts do. I had a Parabuthis sps with a broken aculeus and it did regenerate after a molt, smaller though.

• Like Like x 1