Breeding Recently Moulted Female

Fallimsa

Arachnopeon
I bought an AF C. huahini a couple of days ago and paired her with my MM last night. Everything went ok however I noticed that her fangs are still red so she is freshly moulted, will this cause any problems with the breeding process or eggs? At least I know that she won't moult before laying the eggs...

How long should I wait before the second pairing?

Also how long will it take for her to lay the eggs if it was successful?

Liquifin

Arachnoking
NO, NO, NO. You don't breed freshly/recently molted T.'s :banghead:, give them a month until they are hardened and adjusted to the new exoskeleton, then feed them up to prepare for mating then you can pair them. Well.... since you already paired a recently molted T., just leave her be until she hardens up and then feed her as much as you can to try and make her drop a sac. I'm surprised you didn't check up on her before pairing to see if she was healthy and that stuff. :rolleyes:

Fallimsa

Arachnopeon
I know you should let the T harden up before breeding but I didn't realise she was fresh moulted she looked plump and a normal brown colour so I thought it would be alright, it wasn't until the male lifted her up that I saw the red fangs... I was also in a rush because I have had the MM since halfway through last year I think so I didn't want him to pass away

So if I let her harden up and feed her a lot it should be ok? Should I pair them again once she has hardened and fattened up?

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I know you should let the T harden up before breeding but I didn't realise she was fresh moulted she looked plump and a normal brown colour so I thought it would be alright, it wasn't until the male lifted her up that I saw the red fangs... I was also in a rush because I have had the MM since halfway through last year I think so I didn't want him to pass away

So if I let her harden up and feed her a lot it should be ok? Should I pair them again once she has hardened and fattened up?
One pairing is good enough because it's not worth the risk on trying to get the male eaten. But yes, I would leave her to harden up and then feed her up once she's hardened up and ready to eat.