Breeding Heteropoda venatoria

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok. We (Me and my oldest son Kenny) have paired them up about 45 minutes ago. So far we have made some VERY cool observations. We also have a TON of good pics. I'll sort through them and post as soon as possible. Also interesting is that the female seems totally complient with the whole thing. She hasn't shown the slightest sign of aggression...yet. She almost seems sedated. They're still goin' at it so I'll complete the post when we have a "love story with an ending".;)
So far, this is entirely different from T breeding. I'm pretty excited that we're able to observe in such detail. Can't wait to share. (Observations AND some s'lings!):D

Last edited:

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Has anbody here(besides Kelly) ever bred huntsmen?

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't know. If anyone has, I'd like to hear from them.
Anyhow, sorry to take too long to post pics and stuff. I will get them up here in the next couple of days.
Thanks for wishing us luck!

ATrax

zoobugs

L.D.50
Old Timer
All,
You can punch up Orin McMonigle's site

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/2638/

in here, he has a subscription to his magazine, "Elytra & Antenna Invertebrates". In his latest issue, there is an article about care and breeding of huntman spiders in general. If you can get ahold of this mag, I believe you won't be disappointed.
Best,
Jim

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi, Jim-

Incidentally, I got credit for "huntsman assistance" in the article of Signor Francesco Tomasinelli...

I don't know why I didn't think of recommending the article to Atrax:?

John