Breeding Grammostola pulchra.

Sr. Chencho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Back in 2010 we mated a pair of G. pulchras for the first time which we posted here in Arachnoboards about our success. This is the link of the post:

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?215571-Grammostola-pulchra-mating.-.-.-Successful!

We are now pleased to announce that we had success in our second attempt in breeding this specie. The female we bred, a different one from the first breeding, molted in August 6, 2011. The male we used is the same one from the breeding of 2010.

Taking into consideration that the male was already one year matured, we decided to attempt the mating. They were introduced and allowed to mate in two different occasions in October 2011. It was the first breeding for the female.

Afterwards, we kept our fingers crossed and hoped that the mating was successful. After a period of being gravid, the female dropped her eggsac last month. The female was allowed to keep the eggsac for the first two weeks. At that time it was pulled and kept in the incubator for an additional two weeks.

Today we opened the eggsac, and loads of first instars emerged. Approximately 10 bad eggs were observed. Considering that the male was well into a year of reaching maturity when he was paired with this female, we are pleased of his success.

The momma.

The dad. By the way, he is still alive.

The mating.

The eggsac.

First instars emerging.

First instars.

Thanks for looking.

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Wow! Two sacs! You are so lucky! I am still waiting on my girls.

patrick86

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Way to go Fred! Pass on a congrats to the wife too buddy, I know she's the one with the magic touch! Ha! Can you post a pic or describe your incubator? Great work!

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Great pics, pretty spiders! Thanks for posting and congrats!

naychur

Arachnosquire
Been wanting a G Pulchra. Are you planning to sell and if so, how much and when?

Sr. Chencho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Update

On August 3th, the slings started to molt into second instar. Now, they started to molt into third instar reaching 3/4 DLS. They are beautiful and eating small roaches. The following pictures show the process and their growth.

[

First instars darkening

Molting into second instars

The molting

Third instar

A healthy and beautiful third instar sling​

Thanks for looking,
Sr. Chencho

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
WELL done, this is amazing to see as these have gotten so rare to find, and they are SO adorable! I'm so happy for you! I'm happy for anyone that is allowed to breed in their home though, as I am not.. :( Choice between husband or 500 baby spiders...it was a tough choice to make though, believe me ;)

mattg70

Arachnosquire
Congrats Fred...I still have your first sac slings that are now all 3 to 4 inches...:)

Bobafett2k6

Arachnosquire
Absolutely beautiful spiders, I think that's what I'm getting next.

Many congratulations on successfully breeding them!

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congratulations once again Fred!!! My G. pulchra from your first breeding are doing great. I'm looking forward to picking up a few from this second breeding as well. Keep up the good work!

David