Breeders near junction City KS?

Fleshless1

Arachnopeon
Looking for casual breeders in the area.

I have female 4in T. Stirmi, female 3in L. Parahybana, female 3in G. Pulchripes, 3in A. Metallica, and 2in C. Lividium

Last edited by a moderator:

Killertut

Arachnosquire
1) there is a section in the forum for selling and buying T's, so you could look over there for males.
2) from the sizes i would guess that all your female T's are not able to reproduce yet.

Tortuga

Arachnoknight
There's an expo this weekend (July 14) in Kansas City. https://coldbloodedexpos.com/
There's usually local breeders there. $8 to get in. I've tried contacting some of the vendors through the cold blooded web site without much luck.

Last edited:

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
There's an expo this weekend (July 14) in Kansas City. https://coldbloodedexpos.com/
There's usually local breeders there. $8 to get in. I've tried contacting some of the vendors through the cold blooded web site without much luck.
I'm not sure if this will help or not, but I've had decent success getting in touch with breeders through their facebook pages. With the increased enforcement of the live animal sales rules a lot of them have been moving towards websites or alternatives for the actual sales, but I've had decent luck by searching the breeder/company name on FB and shooting them a message requesting a list for the upcoming expo.

Tortuga

Arachnoknight
I'm not sure if this will help or not, but I've had decent success getting in touch with breeders through their facebook pages. With the increased enforcement of the live animal sales rules a lot of them have been moving towards websites or alternatives for the actual sales, but I've had decent luck by searching the breeder/company name on FB and shooting them a message requesting a list for the upcoming expo.

Nooooo not facebook lol. FB started to eat my soul, so I deleted my account. I'm starting to think maybe I should start another one exclusively for this hobby.

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
Nooooo not facebook lol. FB started to eat my soul, so I deleted my account. I'm starting to think maybe I should start another one exclusively for this hobby.
Haha, I don't blame you! I enjoy using facebook to keep up with friends that live far away, and of course there are some great entomology and tarantula groups on there too. But I'm definitely happier in general when I limit how much I get on there. It's way too easy to just scroll like a zombie simply to look up and realize I've wasted my entire evening doing nothing.

There is another thread going right now that lists some of the good (and the bad) tarantula groups on FB, if you do end up getting back on, I'd go off the advice from that thread so as not to go crazy with the sheer amount of idiocy that comes through in some of the tarantula groups.

With that being said, FB has become much more strict about breeder/seller pages, even to the point of shutting them down, and in the wake of that I have seen a lot of exotics vendors moving towards alternatives. So depending on how that continues to play out, FB might not be as much of a necessity as it used to be!