Brazilian species ban including common hobby species?

Johjie

Arachnopeon
Any further update to this?
It's
Still the same. I’m not sure if anyone mentioned it but it includes any Brazilian species.
At least my local market isn't being affected by it. These species are still readily available. There was supposed to be a FWS representative to answer questions at our local expo but no representative ever showed that I saw or heard. I doubt this is anything they want to be dealing with besides at the border.

NYAN

Arachnoking
At least my local market isn't being affected by it. These species are still readily available.
It’ll be affected after a while I think. It’s only been a couple months. Someone else mentioned how we rely a lot on European imports to supply hobby here, which is very true, be it through new species or the same old stuff.

MrTwister

Arachnoknight
Not well versed in this, but does Brazil have this type of agreement with all of Europe? If not then problem solved. All your hobby stock was bred from European imports.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Not well versed in this, but does Brazil have this type of agreement with all of Europe? If not then problem solved. All your hobby stock was bred from European imports.
No, the Lacey Act was only placed between the US and Brazil as a compromise.

NYAN

Arachnoking
We can’t import Brazilian endemic species or species that are found in Brazil as well as other countries, since we cannot prove that they weren’t collected from Brazil (I believe this is the explanation for the latter).

A lot of the importing in the US comes from Europe.

If you’re in another country than this shouldn’t affect you. This seems to be a uniquely United States problem.